Tell Me

Liam and Hope walk under the dimly lit street corner as the distant sound of engines revving and showing off fills the scene. Liam and Hope lean against a guardrail and begin to speak with a smile on their faces.

Liam: c'était sauvage (it was wild). I can't believe how fast that Type R and Mustang were going.

Hope: Yeah, c'était intense (it was intense). It never fails to get my heart pounding.

Liam looks at Hope with a smile, which turns into a curious expression. He's starting to really like this girl as they relate on a lot of things. It doesn't hurt to know more, right?

Liam: So, how did you get into street racing. You seem like a girl who would like drag racing or something.

Hope: Is that a compliment? But, uh. I wasn't really into the street scene until my older brother showed me when I was an enfant (child). Believe it or not, that's where my love for cars started even though I could barely think about them deeply hehe.

Liam smiles

Liam: c'est super (that's great). My dad kind of introduced me to cars but it was mainly my grand-pere (grandfather). My dad wasn't really a big car guy, but my grandpa did. I was a young kid, so I was easily wowed hehe.

Hope smiles, feeling a small connection starting to be made.

Hope: It's something else. Vous savez (you know)? Seeing nice cars flying down roads, weaving through traffic, their engines roaring, I could never get tired of it.

Liam: exactement (exactly)! You could kind of put yourself in the drivers seat and just feel the adrenaline rush as the world just becomes a blur it's just so cool.

Liam and Hope look at each other, smiling, sharing a moment of understanding, which can be rare and so great.

Hope: Vous savez (you know). It's rare to really connect with someone about cars nowadays. Especially in Canada. But so far, you're like the only guy who gets it just like me.

Liam: Yeah. Pareil ici (same here). Especially a girl, hehe. Most car enthusiasts or car people are guys. It's nice to meet someone who is kind of a breath of fresh air.

Hope smiles happily as she looks at Liam, hinting that she may find herself around Liam more than anyone else.

Hope: peut-être que nous le sommes (maybe we are)?

Liam smiles at Hope again.

Liam: Hehe. Maybe.

Liam and Hope share a small lingering gaze really enjoying the other's company. It's been a while since they've found someone they can so easily connect to about their shared interests in the automotive world. Street racing and the whole car scene isn't as big in Canada as it is in other places like the US. But when those connections do come around, they're ones that stick around forever and ones that most people wouldn't want to lose.

Liam and Hope continue to talk but are incomprehensible as the camera zooms out and reveals the 2 cars still racing around Mount Royal as the skyline of Montreal fills the scene. The camera zooms in on the cars racing and quickly follows them, showing the Mustang in front.

The Type R is still hoping for a comeback and sees an upcoming turn. And decides to take action. He knows his car can handle the turns better than the Mustang but is at a loss in the straights. The Type R waits for the perfect moment to cut into the turn and cut off the Mustang. He knows it's a risky move, but he can't lose. Not to the same guy again. The camera rushes into the cabin, and the driver is seen with a game face as he tightly grips the manual gearshift with one hand and a firm grip of the steering wheel with the other, he looks at the Mustang driver through his window and smirks as he quickly floors the gas pedal and shifts early purposely to give him more acceleration heading into the turn. The Mustang driver notices this and also slams his gas pedal as well and waits for the right upshift. The Type R inches closer and closer to passing the Mustang, but the Mustang driver patiently waits. The Type R driver has to downshift to brake as he goes around the sharp turn. The Mustang driver smirks as he waits for the Type R to downshift. The drivers stay there patiently waiting for the timing. The Type R driver quickly downshifts, the mustang driver notices this and upshifts but is surprised when the Type R driver quickly upshifts out of the downshift which causes his car to lurch forward while the mustang driver is recovering from the upshift making the Type R driver pass his car out of the turn. The Type R driver smiles at the Mustang driver through his window as the Mustang driver looks on in shock as he knows, looking at only the taillights of the Type R. The Mustang driver smirks and gives an impressed look as the Type R driver stays in front of the Mustang driver, preventing him from passing him. As the final turn approaches, however, the Mustang driver smirks again and drafts his car behind the Type R and picks up speed and tries to pass, but the Type R driver blocks him. The Mustang driver gets an idea and quickly turns his wheel to the left, baiting the Type R who follows his movement. The Mustang driver anticipates this and quickly turns right, causing his wheels to slide slightly as the engine roars, trying to regain traction. The Mustang driver recovers out of the slide quickly and slams his gas pedal, preventing the Type R driver from blocking him, letting him pass with ease on the straight and create a large gap. The Type R driver gets visibly upset and hits his steering wheel but smiles with an impressed look on his face as he follows the Mustang driver to the finish line. The drivers step out and shake each others hands and talk about their race as the camera zooms out and heads toward the Montreal Skyline.