Big News

Liam is seen at home. The evening sun casts a warm glow through the windows as Liam sits at the kitchen table, his mind lost in thought. His parents, William and Ava, are nearby, chatting softly as they prepare dinner.

Barrett enters the kitchen, Liam's parents know him and have invited him over for dinner. Barrett is seen entering the dining room with a serious expression on his face. Liam looks up, his mind curious about Barrett's demeanor.

Barrett: Liam, can we talk for a moment?

Liam perks up, curious as to what news Barrett brings him. Is someone else challenging him? He thinks about what the news could be.

Liam: Sure, Barrett. What's on your mind?

Barrett sits down at the table with Liam across from him and has a grave and serious expression on his face, which slightly instills worry into Liam.

Barrett: I have something important to tell you, Liam. Something that could change everything, and I mean everything.

Liam's curiosity is fully piqued, and he leans forward, eager to hear what Barrett has to say and listens intently.

Liam: What is it, Barrett? You're making me nervous.

Barrett takes a deep breath, building up suspense before he breaks the news.

Barrett: Honda Canada Racing is interested in you, Liam.

Liam's eyes widen in shock, his mind struggling to process Barrett's words. He feels a surge of excitement and disbelief. Liam stays stunned.

Liam: What? Are you serious, Barrett?

Barrett solemnly nods. Liam knows Barrett wouldn't lie about anything like that, but he thinks the whole ordeal is a bit unbelievable. Who would wanna take him as a racer? He's not that good, is he?

Barrett: Dead serious, Liam. They see potential in you as a racer. But there's a catch.

Liam's heart races with anticipation as he waits for Barrett to continue. Liam listens anxiously

Liam: What catch?

Barrett speaks solemnly as he lays out the further details.

Barrett: You need to get your racing license, Liam.

The weight of Barrett's words sinks in, and Liam's excitement is tempered by a surge of realization. He glances at his parents, who have stopped what they are doing and are now watching him intently. Liam begins to try and comprehend the news.

Liam: So... I need to wait until I get my racing license, then Honda Canada Racing might consider me?

Barrett: That's right, Liam. It's a big opportunity, but it's going to take time and dedication. Very few racers pass racing school. The ones here in Canada are tougher than most places, so don't expect an easy way to your dream of becoming a racer. I know you can do it, though. You've shown the skills, mentality, and drive.

Liam's mind whirls with the possibilities. He imagines himself behind the wheel of a professional racing car, pushing himself to the limit on the track. But he also knows that achieving his dream will require sacrifice and hard work. Liam feels a mix of emotions as he responds.

Liam: This... this is huge, Barrett. I don't even know what to say.

Barrett smiles, feeling happy for Liam as his dream might come true soon.

Barrett: Just keep doing what you're doing, Liam. Keep pushing yourself, and who knows where this journey might take you. I would get your racing license asap if I were you, but don't rush it. Take your time with it. Great things take patience and a lot of it.

As Barrett leaves, Liam turns to his parents, a mix of excitement and nervousness in his eyes.

Liam: Mom, Dad... you won't believe what Barrett just told me.

William and Ava turn their full attention to Liam, their curiosity piqued. Ava speaks eagerly.

Ava: qu'est-ce que c'est Liam (what is it Liam)? You look like you've seen a ghost.

Liam grins as happiness starts to fill his body.

Liam: Honda Canada Racing is interested in me! They see potential in me as a racer.

William and Ava exchange a glance, their faces lighting up with pride and excitement. William speaks proudly. He knew Liams dream was a stretch, but here it is, coming full circle right in front of him.

William: That's incredible, Liam! I always knew you had talent, but this... this is something else.

Ava speaks and starts to tear up with proudness. Any mothers dream is to see their child's dream come true.

Ava: Oh, Liam...je suis si fier de toi (I'm so proud of you).

Liam's heart swells with happiness as he basks in his parents' love and support. They gather around him, enveloping him in a tight hug. Liam begins to speak emotionally. He'd never think he'd get to his dream so quickly. Was he really that good and he never knew it?

Liam: Thanks, you guys. I couldn't do this without you. With your support, I know I can make this dream a reality. I only ever wanted support from you guys, and now that I have it, I wanna make you proud. I knew my dream was a stretch, but Grandpa always said the biggest obstacle chasing your dreams is yourself. I don't plan on disappointing you guys. I love you.

William and Ava: We love you, Liam. We know you won't disappoint us.

Ava: We raised you better than that anyway, hehe. je suis juste sans voix (I'm just speechless).

William playfully punches Liam's shoulder.

William: Ah. There's my boy. You sound like a real Allard now, hehe. I know Grandpa would be proud of you. He loved you like his own son. Excluding me, hehe. We're all in for you, Liam. Chase your dreams, and we'll be chasing em with you, heh.

Liam smiles, he was glad his family is finally with him on his dream, and here he is , nearly teasing his dream. In that moment, surrounded by love and encouragement, Liam knew that no matter what challenges lied ahead, he'd always have his family by his side for once. With their unwavering support, he felt ready to take on the world.