Chapter Forty

"For all those times you stood by me. For all the truth that you made me see."

My tears welled up as our wedding song started to play sang by a famous local singer. While walking down the long carpet placed near the lake, with no one to walk me, I am having mixed emotions.

The calm stream of lake, the chirping birds above, flash of cameras, the music background of our wedding. It all feels surreal.

It was hard for me to replace my dad even though he had sinned, so I chose not to walk with anyone. My stepdad- Tito Ben, understands where I am coming from. Kahit masakit na wala akong kasamang tatay na maglakad kahit na 'yon ang matagal kong iniisip magmula noon pa man, mas pinili kong kayanin mag-isa.

"For all the joy you brought to my life. For all the wrong that you made right."

To see Jai smiling so sweet at me at the end of the path where I walk is sending me a lot of butterflies in my stomach. He wasn't crying like I imagined, but the way he smiled tells me he's so happy that he's going to spend his lifetime with me.

"For every dream you made come true. For all the love I found in you."

Kahit umiiyak, nakangiti ako sa sobrang saya na nararamdaman. Habang nakikita ko ang mga pamilya at kaibigan namin na may ngiti sa labi habang pinanonood ako, masasabi kong maraming masaya para sa aming dalawa.

They witnessed how our love sent us here in front of our Almighty God.

"I'll be forever thankful, baby. You're the one who held me up. Never let me fall. You're the one who saw me through, through it all."

I am very thankful he's the one God has sent to me to feel what love really feels like. He helped through my ups and downs, even in my darkest times. He made me see things I wasn't able to irrationalize. Ipinaintindi niya sa akin ang mga bagay na hirap akong intindihin.

As the song reached the chorus, I realized more about the things he did for me. No one does it like him.

"You were my strength when I was weak. You were my voice when I couldn't speak. You were my eyes when I couldn't see. You saw the best there was in me. Lifted me up when I couldn't reach. You gave me faith 'cause you believed. I'm everything I am. Because you loved me."

Siguro'y halos mabura na ang makeup ko dahil sa matinding pag-iyak. Habang papalit ako sa kaniya'y mas naiintindihan ko ang mga bagay na ginawa niya para sa akin. He sacrificed a lot for me.

Nang tuluyan akong makalapit sa kaniya, doon ko nakita ang nagbabadyang pagtulo ng luha sa magaganda niyang mga mata. It shined and reflected to mine. Alam kong gusto niyang punasan ang mga luha ko pero hindi niya magawa dahil sa belong tumatakip sa aking mukha.

When the song ended, the ceremony started.

"Welcome, loved ones. We are gathered here today to join Jairus and Kylei in holy matrimony," the priest said.

It wasn't long enough until our exchange of wedding vows.

Habang nakaharap sa kaniya, sigurado akong siya talaga ang gusto kong makasama habambuhay.

Hindi ko mapigilang matawa nang mahina bago simulan ang mga salitang gusto kong sabihin sa kaniya.

"I honestly didn't expect you to be the man I am going to share my vow with. I was truly annoyed at you at first. Ni hindi ko nga makita ang sarili kong magiging kaibigan ka, but you were indeed a God sent, and I thanked Him everyday He gave you to me. Thank you for being my stronghold in this lifetime. Thank you for all the sacrifices and the things you did for me, and I promise to pay and serve you until my last breath . . ." I let out a deep breath before continuing my solemn vow. "Through all of the uncertainties and trials of life, I promise to be faithful to you and love you, so that together we may grow in the likeness of Christ. With you, I know that the home we build together will praise him each and every day. Together, let's face a beautiful life with Him as our guide."