Chapter 26

That evening, the newspaper finally arrived. Everyone took their copies eagerly to shout out in surprise. The ever present header of the Daily Prophet was replaced with The British Magical Daily.

DAILY PROPHET UNDERGOES CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP;

ABSORBED INTO THE MAGICAL DAILY PRESS

PLEASE WELCOME THE BRITISH MAGICAL DAILY - YOUR NEW NEWSPAPER

NEW MANAGEMENT PROMISES TO DELIVER THE TRUTH, WHATEVER IT TAKES

ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE DAILY PROPHET REAPPOINTED AS EMPLOYEES OF THE MAGICAL DAILY PRESS

QUILL IS MIGHTIER THAN A SWORD– RESPONSIBILITIES OF A JOURNALIST

WHAT AN AVERAGE WITCH AND WIZARD CAN DO TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE SOCIETY

MAGICAL DAILY PRESS HIRING! CONTACT THEIR OFFICE TODAY!

People all over the country had their jaws on the floor. What in Merlin's name was going on? The Daily Prophet had changed ownership? If so, then who were the new owners? The paper mentioned everything except the name of the new owners at all. Attempts to find out who they were turned out to be futile. Everything was under the name of the Magical Daily Press which was owned by someone named Frank Olive, and no one knew anything about him.

At the Ministry of Magic, Minister Cornelius Fudge and Undersecretary Dolores Umbridge were spluttering with rage. In Malfoy Manor, a group of wizards tore the newspaper in anger. At Hogwarts, in the Head's office, Dumbledore was close to having a heart attack. Down in the Room of Requirement, Harry and Daphne clinked glasses containing non-alcoholic champagne for a job well done. There were changes taking place in Magical Britain and no one knew who was behind it.

Pretty soon, the end of the year arrived. Because of the attacks that had taken place during the year and how much stress it brought to the entire school, Dumbledore cancelled exams for all students except for the fifth and seventh years. Hagrid was released from Azkaban with a full pardon and was seen crying in the Great Hall with relief.

On the last day of school, everyone boarded the Hogwarts express. Harry was still quite cold towards his peers, but had decided not to do so after the summer; after all, they were sheep and it was that mentality he was trying to break. Besides, he would extract his revenge on them in more creative ways that didn't require him to shout and curse in public; that was Daphne's job. Daphne and Harry were sitting next to each other in a compartment, with her head resting on his shoulder, reading a book. Their friends were sitting in the same compartment, talking to each other and having fun. A few hours into the train ride, Draco Malfoy turned up with his two goons. He entered the compartment, his face furious.

"You'll pay for what you did, Potter" Draco said in a low voice.

Harry and Daphne rolled their eyes. Such a threat was par for the course for Draco Malfoy; he was all bark and no bite. So Harry looked up from his book and smiled at Draco and said "Hello, cousin. Would you like to join us?"

"Don't call me that!" snapped Draco. "As far as I'm considered, you and I are not related even remotely! I will cut you off from the family tree, you filthy half-blood!"

Harry snorted. "Oh, I'm so scared. I really don't care what you do in your home, Draco. I'm only related to you through my grandmother; and as far as I'm concerned, you have absolutely no power over the Black family. In fact, it is my godfather that has the power to disown you and your mother; that would make her a blood traitor. How would you like being compared to the Weasleys?" he asked with a smirk.

Draco's face went red with anger. He drew his wand, but before he could even fully remove it from his robes, Harry had already flicked his, throwing the boys out of the compartment.