Chapter 34

Draco Malfoy was looking from the other side of the Ballroom where he was dancing with Pansy Parkinson. He was glaring daggers at Hadrian Potter and Daphne Greengrass who were kissing each other deeply, oblivious to their surroundings. While Pansy was nice for now, he had always wanted Greengrass. The girl looked so beautiful tonight that he had heard many say that she looked like a Veela. He was supposed to get her, not Potter. He was Draco Malfoy; he deserved Greengrass as his future wife! But Potter just had to get in the way with that thrice damned contract. This wasn't the way it was supposed to go!

With Sirius Black now married, he wouldn't inherit the Black Lordship and fortune either, he thought morosely. He had always been told when he was growing up that he would be the future Lord Malfoy as well as Lord Black. He had wanted to get married to Daphne Greengass to control the Greengrass Lordship and fortune as well. Now all his plans lay in ruins.

Draco Malfoy truly hated Hadrian Potter with every inch of his heart.

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP

Remus Lupin returned to Hogwarts just after the wedding ceremony, not staying for dinner or the reception. He was sad that he had not been asked to be Sirius's best man. That honour had gone to Harry. He knew that Sirius was miffed because of his close contact with Dumbledore, but what was he supposed to do? This was Albus Dumbledore!

He was also annoyed that Sirius had not invited Dumbledore to the wedding. Whatever problems Sirius had with the man, Dumbledore was a great wizard, and in his mind, no one could question that. Remus was sure that Harry must have had something to do with that. He had told Dumbledore about Harry's boggart; it had definitely been an interesting experience knowing what frightens Harry the most. But what was shocking was that Harry wasn't fazed at all! He had created a scene of Salazar Slytherin spanking Voldemort!

Oh well, he better inform Dumbledore what happened at the wedding. The Headmaster should be informed about what happens all around him. How else would he take important decisions when the need arises? Remus would trust the Headmaster; and soon, Harry would realise his mistake and apologise to him and Dumbledore. After all, one couldn't help but look up to someone like Dumbledore. He was the second coming of Merlin after all!

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP

Albus Dumbledore was annoyed. Remus Lupin had just come back from Black Manor and had told him all about it. It was a public slap in the face when he was not invited to the wedding; he was a member of the Wizengamot, after all. He knew that people would definitely know that things were bad between the Lord and Lady Black and Albus Dumbledore.

Albus didn't like Sirius and Amelia getting married to each other. That was another reason why he had sent Sirius to Azkaban. They were a powerful pair, just like James and Lily had been; and that just wouldn't do. Amelia was also the Head of the DMLE, one of the most powerful and influential departments in the Ministry of Magic. With her now being Lady Black, her position was cemented as the most powerful woman in the country. She already had a base of power, and this marriage would create a bigger block. There was already a subtle shift in the Wizengamot. The Most Ancient and Noble Houses of Potter, Black, Greengrass and Longbottom were now together and were gathering support among the other Houses as well as members of the body. Sirius was laying the foundation for when Harry would take his seat so that he could inherit a powerful block and alliances in the Wizengamot. Albus was also being targeted and discredited subtlety nearly every week by the media.

Things weren't going as planned at all. He felt like banging his head against the wall.

Fawkes looked amused; the human was an unending source of entertainment for the phoenix. He had chosen to accompany the human decades ago because he was fighting for something he believed in, and frankly, Fawkes had wanted a different experience. But only later did he realise that Albus was nothing like what he portrayed himself to be. The man wasn't really evil but just didn't care about anyone but himself. He always believed that he was acting in the best interests of others, but frankly, his decisions cost more lives that Albus would care to admit. Fawkes could have left Albus anytime, but he knew that Hadrian Potter had a special destiny ahead of him. All the magical creatures knew that change was imminent; magic was going to be brought back to the forefront again, with Hadrian Potter leading it. The non-magical creatures sensed that something was going to happen as well that would benefit them. The phoenix wanted to be close to the Lord of Lightning in case the boy needed help. Besides, it was fun watching the stupid human curse and destroy his office every time the boy did something that went against Albus's plans. Ah, what a vacation. The sorting hat too chucked.