Chapter 45

Harry dressed and turned to look at Daphne who seemed to be sitting on a couch, crying silently, rocking back and forth. Such behaviour was very unusual for the girl who always controlled her emotions. He could understand why, as he would be in terrible danger if Voldemort and the Death Eaters were truly involved. He only hoped that since he had destroyed all of Voldemort's Horcruxes, the man might have disappeared, but he held out little hope. He went to his fiancée and gave her a tight hug as he slowly rubbed her back.

"Don't worry, Daph" he said soothingly. "I'll be very careful. You've placed a tracking charm on me as well. In case I get lost, you can find me. I'll come back to you safe and sound, okay?"

Just then, they heard an eagle's shriek. They looked out of a window and saw that there was lightning and thunder in the sky, though thankfully no rain. Daphne started crying harder, as it was Aquila's warning about danger.

Harry sighed. This did not help matters. He knew that tonight, he had to face his destiny as Aquila had informed him of it.

FLASHBACK

Harry was flying with Aquila in a storm and was quite enjoying himself. The third task was tomorrow and with all the training he had been doing, it was very tiring.

"I sense danger, little one" said Aquila.

Harry soared above the clouds and maintained a steady altitude. "What do you mean?" he asked the thunderbird.

"Your destiny will be marked by how you handle this test, Harry. Tomorrow will decide your fate. If you win, it will be a dawn of a new era; all creatures have sensed it. But if you lose, we'll lose everything, Harry. The future of the magical world depends on you. You are the epicenter of change. You are our saviour. You, little one, are the Lightning Lord, the one who is blessed my Magic herself" said Aquila.

"Lightning Lord? Blessed by magic?" asked Harry bewildered. "What are you talking about buddy?"

"Listen to me Harry" said Aquila patiently. "You were born for much bigger things, not just to defeat that bad wizard who killed your parents. All magical creatures have sensed a change approaching, and we know that you will be the one to decide our fate. You are the Lord of Lightning, the saviour of magic. You must win tomorrow, Harry. Everything depends on it. You must win. Forget about everything else for now. Don't try to escape your destiny, as it would always come back with greater force than before if you try to avoid it. Accept it, and fulfill the wishes of Magic herself."

Harry stayed silent, gliding over the clouds. He dived sharply and came back up. He needed to think.

After several minutes, Harry transformed back into himself landed on Aquila's back. Rain lashed harder than ever and lightning flashed brightly and thunder could be heard. Harry brought his arms sideways and let out powerful bolts of lightning from his fingertips and screamed as a lightning bolt impacted his body.

The Lightning Lord was about to take a step that would define his life and the lives around him forever.

END FLASHBACK

"Look, you know I have to do this. I have to face him Daphne" he said softly.

Daphne looked at him with red eyes. "What if I don't want you to?" she whimpered. "What if I just want you to live a full life without any of this to deal with?"

Harry smiled and stroked her dark blonde hair with his fingers. "It can't be helped" he whispered, hugging her close. "I will come back to you. But if I don't, I want you to live a happy life. Don't worry about upsetting my memory; know that I would always love you even if you are with someone else. I've willed most of my fortune and properties to you. In case of the worst, please take care of Sirius and Amelia for me."