Chapter 46

Daphne Greengrass, the Lady of the Most Ancient and Noble Houses of Potter, Gryffindor and Slytherin appeared with a flash in the Entrance Hall of Potter Castle. Without wasting a moment, she ran towards Harry's study. Her ring flashed when she touched the door handle and it opened. She went to the other side of the room and tapped the plain wall three times with her wand. Her ring flashed again, and a rune plate appeared. She quickly tapped the various runes on it and the door materialised flashing a light blue around the edges. She opened the small safe and took out a sample of blood and a basin.

She placed the basin on the desk and tapped various runes on it. The inside of the basin swirled and Daphne dropped Harry's blood in it. She then opened a drawer and took out a special parchment and placed it on the desk. She waited for a minute, idly tapping runes and muttering charms, just as Harry had instructed her about two months ago. Finally, the inside of the basin turned deep red. Daphne took the parchment and dropped it on the basin. The parchment glowed and floated above the basin, with writing on it. Daphne smiled. She had found him.

The basin was a Potter family invention, designed by a daughter of the family in case a member of the family had to be found. It used a person's blood, and it would detect where he was, even if he was under wards. It would be distorted and not provide a very accurate position if there were too many wards, but it was accurate none the less. She placed the basin back in the safe, waved her wand and it sealed itself with another flash of blue light. She ran back to the Entrance Hall, touched the Slytherin ring and muttered 'Hogwarts'.

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP

Back at Hogwarts, the crowd watched with bated breath as Harry was tied to a stone gargoyle. Amelia was busy barking orders to her Aurors who were trying to find where Harry was, using the crystal which was transmitting everything. Just then they heard something. Sirius turned and his eyes went wide. "Peter Pettigrew" he snarled, venom dripping from his words.

The Death Eaters tied Harry in ropes. There was a huge cauldron on the ground. One of the Death Eaters lit a fire underneath with a flick of his wand. Pettigrew came forward, carrying a bundle in his arms.

"Hurry" said a high, cold voice.

"It is ready Master" said a Death Eater.

"Now"

Pettigrew opened the bundle and people let out terrified screams. It revealed something ugly, something slimy and blind but was much worse. It looked like a human baby, except that it was hairless and scaly-looking. Its face was nothing like that of a human; it had red eyes and slits for nostrils. Wormtail dropped it into the cauldron which hissed as the creature's body hit the bottom.

"Voldemort" breathed out Sirius, unable to tear his eyes from the mirror. People started screaming in fright when they heard him. Bagman was unable to speak, and Fudge was shaking his head, muttering that it wasn't real.

Just then, Daphne appeared in a flash of light, right in the middle of the stadium. Everyone turned to face her. Dumbledore tried to intercept her, but she ran directly to Amelia. She handed her a piece of parchment and said "There are the coordinates where he is being held. Hurry!"

Amelia didn't need telling twice. "Come on, move it" she shouted to the dozen Aurors that were there. They, along with Sirius ran to the gates of Hogwarts, where they would create a portkey to the graveyard where Harry was being held.

Daphne looked at the mirror. She knew that going with them was a bad idea, as she would only be a hindrance. Talented she may be, but she wasn't an idiot. Her parents stood on either side of her, both ashen faced.

People watched as Pettigrew pointed his wand at the grave. "Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son" he said. The bottom of the grave rumbled, and a bone from the ground fell into the cauldron.