Chapter 47

Draco Malfoy went pale as he saw both his parents on the mirror. The people around were all looking at him. Suddenly someone screamed "Look!"

Everyone heard an eagle's shriek. They saw a golden eagle fly into the air and dive. To everyone's immense shock, the eagle changed into Hadrian Potter, who stood several feet away from Voldemort, as he summoned his wand to his hand.

Dumbledore and McGonagall's jaws dropped in shock. "Bloody hell!" exclaimed Bagman, his voice still enhanced. "He's an animagus? B-but he's only a fourteen-year-old boy! How is that possible?" he spluttered.

Dumbledore couldn't believe his eyes. Harry was an animagus! His form was that of a golden eagle. How could he not have known this before?

People watched as Harry and Voldemort greeted each other. Dumbledore himself was stunned by the amount of power and the spells Harry was using. They watched as Voldemort tortured Lucius Malfoy because of the destroyed diary, and Draco couldn't believe his eyes. He had grown up hearing about how great the Dark Lord was, and here was the man torturing his father!

Everyone watched with immense shock as Harry disproved Voldemort's theory of him being the Heir of Slytherin.

"I'm Lord Potter-Gryffindor-Slytherin!" declared Harry. At this, Dumbledore drastically paled. This was not good, not good at all. How had Harry managed to obtain the Lordships of the Gryffindor and Slytherin families without him realising it? Just how blind had he been for the past couple of years? What was happening here? Harry was supposed to accept his destiny and lay down his life for the Greater Good. He was supposed to let Tom kill him! He wasn't supposed to fight the man. How else could Tom be reformed? That was what the prophecy meant, wasn't it?

Everyone watched as Harry and Voldemort duelled furiously. People were in awe of the sheer amount of magic being thrown around by the two wizards. Suddenly, a flash of lightning could be seen. The mirror provided a better view and they saw, to their immense shock, Harry's thunderbird familiar throwing bolt after bolt of lightning at the twenty odd Death Eaters on the ground below, along with lightning emanating from the fingertips of Harry's left hand.

Dumbledore smiled when he saw Harry hide behind a gravestone. But that smile turned into shock as everyone screamed as the lightning bolt impacted Harry's body. People all over the world were in awe of the thunderbird that Harry had created out of lightning, which was over 100 feet in height.

"Merlin's saggy balls!" shouted Bagman, forgetting that there were kids present. "That thing is what, a hundred feet in height? That thunderbird is made of lightning! Lightning! Hadrian Potter just conjured a fucking hundred foot thunderbird made of lightning!"

Unknown to Dumbledore, the Elder Wand had started glowing. The wand was definitely unlucky in that it would stay only with power-hungry men and women. It merged with their old wand, absorbing its magic and then ensured that their master would win any number of fights. But while the master of the wand was immensely powerful, it was the power of the wand that won duels, not the caster. But here, the wand was not with its master. No, Hadrian Potter was using his loyal Yew and Nundu heartstring wand to fight Voldemort. Harry was very fond of his wand, and even if he had the Elder wand with him, wouldn't have used it as his own wand was quite powerful in channelling his raw power. The Elder wand knew that. Here was a wizard, who was the master of the wand and yet didn't possess it; who was very powerful and yet didn't seek out the wand. It was something the wand had never expected, but it had a duty to help its master. So it did it in the only way possible. Since it couldn't be physically present with its master to help him, it started transferring its power to Harry through the bond between them. The power of the elder wand itself was being fused with Harry's magical core, strengthening him.