Chapter 49

While Harry and Daphne were basking in their love for each other, the rest of the country was celebrating over the death of Voldemort and outrage at Dumbledore for trying to kill the Boy Who Lived. Celebrations were taking place on a large scale, making the Obliviators work overtime in covering it up. All around the world, millions of witches and wizards were in awe as they watched the duel between Harry and Voldemort over and over again. People couldn't help but be astounded that a mere school boy who was barely fifteen years old could defeat someone so powerful. They were enthralled by the one hundred foot tall thunderbird Harry had created out of lightning, which made them remember what the Sphinx had called Harry during the third task – the Lightning Lord.

Cyrus and Elizabeth Greengrass were in their bedroom, with Dylan playing with his toys on the bed. Astoria had remained at Hogwarts, telling them that she would come back after in the train along with her friends in a couple of days. They were worried about Daphne, but when they mirror called Harry, he didn't answer, and when he used the floo, an elf had told him that Master Hadrian and Miss Daphne were asleep.

Cyrus waved his hand at the e-mirror and the channel of the Magical Daily News appeared.

"This is truly a day for celebration, Ladies and Gentlemen" said the reporter. "The Dark Lord Tom Marvolo Riddle, known better as Voldemort is no more. This has been confirmed by the Director of Magical Law Enforcement Lady Amelia Black. She said that she had been working with Lord Hadrian Potter for more than a year in bringing him down, so when Lord Potter killed him last night, he really did die. He has been officially declared dead."

"It is not known how Tom Riddle cheated death, but whatever it was, Director Black isn't saying what it is. But what we can speculate is it that it must have been something truly horrifying, which defies the fundamental laws of magic. And it seems it really doesn't work as well as it should, as Lord Potter was able to destroy whatever was holding Riddle in this world, finally killing him and fulfilling the terms of a prophecy which was revealed last night."

The reporter continued. "What happened last night was an attempt on the life of Lord Hadrian James Potter, the Lord of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Potter, and newly revealed Lord of the Most Ancient and Noble Houses of Gryffindor and Slytherin. Lord Potter was kidnapped once he touched the Triwizard Cup in the maze of the third task, and was transported to a graveyard where Tom Riddle was resurrected by his loyal Death Eaters."

"Fortunately, due to the crystal that was following Lord Potter, we were all able to see what was happening. Director Black revealed later that they had placed a tracking charm on Lord Potter because they were worried about such an attempt, but the charm was nullified due to the highly extensive and illegal wards placed around the graveyard by the Death Eaters. At that moment, Daphne Greengrass, eldest daughter of Lord Cyrus and Lady Elizabeth Greengrass of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Greengrass, and newly revealed Lady Potter, disappeared for a while and came back with a sheet of parchment which showed the coordinates of where her fiancé was being held. It is speculated that she used a Potter family tracking device to find him."

"DMLE Director Amelia Black, Lord Sirius Black and a team of Aurors and Curse Breakers worked tirelessly for more than half an hour to bring down the wards, braving nature's fury. When Lord Potter started duelling Tom Riddle, he revealed that he was Lord Gryffindor-Slytherin. It had been revealed by the Magical Daily Press two years ago that Godric Gryffindor's only daughter married into the Potter family, so it is not very surprising that Lord Potter managed to acquire the Headship of the family which was long thought to be extinct. But what was surprising was that he revealed that he was the blood descendant of the other Hogwarts founder, Salazar Slytherin!"