Chapter 48

Reappearing with a flash of light in the entrance hall of Potter Castle, Harry slowly ascended the stairs, still carrying an unconscious Daphne bridal style. Once he reached the master bedroom, he went in and gently placed her on the large four poster bed. He frowned when he saw that he still had a wand in hand. He looked at it and he realised that the wand belonged to Dumbledore. Well, at least he could keep it as a token of what had happened tonight, considering he had destroyed Voldemort's wand. But what was surprising was how comfortable he was with using it. He flicked his wand and all of Daphne's clothes disappeared and reappeared on the other side of the room. He carefully tucked her in and sat down next to her. He wasn't surprised that she had fallen unconscious, as it had been a very emotional day for them all. She was physically, emotionally and magically exhausted.

He gently kissed her forehead and left the room after changing clothes. He morphed into a boy having red hair and brown eyes and portkeyed to Hogwarts. Immediately, he made his way to the Hospital wing. As he entered, he morphed back to his normal self and spotted Elizabeth and Astoria sitting next to the unconscious forms of Cyrus Greengrass and Sirius Black.

"How are they?" he asked softly.

Elizabeth immediately went forward and engulfed him in a tight hug. Harry stiffened slightly, but relaxed.

"They'll be fine" said Elizabeth. "Madam Pomfrey and I healed them quickly, but since it was a dark cutting curse, it would take some time for them to recover. They'll have to be here for tonight, and it is better if they rest tomorrow as well. Where's Daphne?"

"She's in Potter Castle, asleep" said Harry softly. "She's exhausted, and after what happened, I don't blame her."

"What happened there, Harry?" asked Elizabeth, moving to scan him with her wand. "Tonight has been so messed up. Thank Merlin I left Dylan with my parents; I don't know how I could have handled it with him here as well."

Harry sighed and asked Toby for his Pensieve. Once done, he placed his memory of the honour duel in the Pensieve and motioned her to watch. Elizabeth and Astoria placed a finger into the Pensieve and they disappeared. Harry wouldn't have done it for anyone else, but this was his mother-in-law; she deserved to know how amazing her daughter was. Nobody knew about Daphne's animagus form until that evening as Harry had handled it himself in registering her at the ICW. It had been their last line of defence and the ability had come in handy tonight. Madam Pomfrey took that time to heal Harry from where Elizabeth had left off, muttering to herself about the constant danger.

"You'll need rest, Potter" she said, after healing him. "I've healed all the wounds. You're very lucky in that you had armour to protect you or it would have ended very badly for you. I suggest bed rest and maybe dreamless sleep potions as well. There is some dark magic residue on your body, but that is to be expected after such a duel. Take this potion for the next two days and get some rest."

"Thank you, Madam Pomfrey" he said quietly, as the healer left.

After she finished watching the memory, Elizabeth was shocked to stillness while Astoria was in awe of the display. "Merlin, I never knew that she was an animagus. Why didn't she tell us? I'm so proud of her; and I'm so proud of you too, Harry. You finally put an end to that monster. I just can't believe Dumbledore was willing to kill you" she said, shaking her head.

"Is Aunt Amy here?" asked Harry.

"She came for a few minutes to check up on Sirius, but she's gone to collect evidence for Dumbledore's trial" explained Elizabeth. "It'll take time before she comes back."

Harry nodded and left quietly. He needed some answers, and he knew the best person to give it to him.

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP