Chapter 40

"Call the Aurors"

"That won't be necessary" said a voice. Everyone turned to find Lady Amelia Black, Head of the DMLE standing at the doorway with two Aurors and Lord Sirius Black.

"Lord and Lady Black" said Dumbledore frowning. "May I ask what you're doing here?" He was mentally seething as well as afraid. What in Merlin's name was going on? He had hatched a perfect plan, but nothing was going as planned! How had Harry figured out that Moody was an impostor?

"We had been watching the selection of the champions on our E-Mirrors, Albus" said Sirius coldly. "And I would like to know what game you're playing with my godson. How did his name come out of that blasted goblet?"

"That can be answered once we have questioned this one here" said Amelia. She was looking at the hip flask which Daphne had handed to her. "Going by the quantity of polyjuice potion, our dear Moody should be transforming anytime now."

"This has all been a big misunderstanding" began Dumbledore, but was silenced with a glare by both Amelia and Daphne. Both of them had furious looks on their faces. Suddenly, they saw Moody's skin bubbling. Everyone turned to look in shock and disbelief as Alastor Moody's face changed to –

"Barty Crouch" declared Harry. "Junior"

Everyone turned to look at a white faced Crouch Senior, who seemed unable to speak. Amelia narrowed her eyes. "Can you explain how your son, who was supposed to have died in Azkaban, is alive and well Mr Crouch?" she asked in a deadly voice.

Crouch Sr remained still, not speaking a word. The rest of them were too shocked to react. Immediately, Amelia fired a binding charm on Crouch Sr as well. "Arrest them both" she said flatly to the Aurors she had brought with her.

"Well, Dumbledore?" snapped Sirius. "Care to explain how a Death Eater impersonating your old friend managed to elude you for two whole months? Or can you explain why you're trying to force my godson into this tournament?"

Dumbledore remained quiet, looking at both Crouch men being escorted out by the Aurors. "I have no idea about what is going on. But clearly, Harry's name came out of the Goblet of Fire. He has to compete; all four of them of them will. It is in the rules, which is what they will do."

"But Dumbledore" began Maxime.

"My dear, Madam Maxime, if you have a better alternative, I would be delighted to hear it" said Dumbledore.

"If you think Harry is going to compete just because you say so Dumbledore, then you can forget it" said Daphne angrily.

"I agree" said Sirius. "There is no way I'm taking your word for it that there is no way out."

"Mr Bagman I will need a copy of the Triwizard rules" said Harry quietly. "You can expect to hear from the Gringotts Legal Department soon. I think we're done here. Thank you for your help, Professor Flitwick. I greatly appreciate it."

With that, Harry, Daphne, and Sirius walked out of the room, leaving behind a stunned crowd. They never knew that there was uproar all over the country and the world. Dumbledore mentally smiled. "There is no getting out of this Harry" he thought. "You are trapped. Let's see how you handle this. I hope you can forgive me, my boy. But it is all for the Greater Good. You are well and truly caught in my web."

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP

The headlines in the Magical Daily newspaper in the following couple of days were a shock to those who hadn't watched the selection of the champions on their E-Mirrors.

CHAMPIONS SELECTION FOR TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT GOES AWRY; FOUR CHAMPIONS SELECTED

Victor Krum of Durmstrang, Fleur Delacour of Beauxbatons and Cedric Diggory of Hogwarts are the Official Champions