Chapter 50

"Members of the Wizengamot, I appeal to you to finally give my fiancé the peace of mind he has never had. Let justice finally be served. Thank you."

There was a momentary silence after Daphne finished her speech, but soon thunderous applause filled the chamber. Daphne bowed to them and calmly walked back to her seat. She looked at Harry who had tears in his eyes as he grabbed her in a tight hug, unable to convey his gratitude in words. With his very sharp eyes, Harry could see that many of the members had tears flowing down their faces; Sirius was openly crying while Cyrus was beaming with pride at his daughter.

"Thank you for that speech, Lady Potter" said Chief Witch Acton as she cleared her throat. "Damn, what are those kids made of? They really are a power couple; hard to believe they're only fifteen. Remind me to talk to Elizabeth Greengrass on how to raise children" she muttered, but it could be heard all over the room, making people chuckle.

"Albus Dumbledore" boomed Lady Acton. "You have been found guilty of all charges. I would like to ask the members of the Wizengamot to suggest a suitable punishment" she said.

The chamber was quiet for several seconds until finally one of the members said quietly "Give him the Dementor's kiss. He's too dangerous to be left alive. Not after what he's done. He's not the person we all thought he was. He deserves it for being the cause of so much misery and destruction. He is no better than Tom Riddle."

Many others started muttering in agreement so the Chief Witch said, "Let's take a vote; all those in favour of the Dementor's kiss?"

More than three-quarters of the members lit their wands. This phenomenon would never have been possible without Daphne, so Harry softly squeezed her hand in thanks. Had she not spoken so passionately in favour of her fiancé, Dumbledore would probably have been sentenced to Azkaban for a few years. And Harry did not want the man alive to cause more problems for him in the future. He wanted this story of his life to finally come to an end so that he could concentrate on more important things. Voldemort and Dumbledore, after all, weren't part of his final plans for the future of the Magical World. They were only a hindrance, and he had taken care of them.

"Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore" she said. "You are hereby convicted of all the charges you have been accused of, for which you will be executed by the Dementor's kiss. Aurors, take him away."

"You can't do this!" shouted Dumbledore, his eyes blazing with fury. "I'm Albus Dumbledore! Everything I do is for the Greater Good!"

"You do it all for your greater good, Albus" said Harry softly. "Not for the greater good of the magical world. Your greater good nearly brought about our destruction."

The Aurors dragged a reluctant Dumbledore out of the chamber. Many of them sat down and buried their face in their hands, as they had all looked up to Dumbledore once, and now . . . they couldn't believe that they could have been so blind to what he really was.

"If there is nothing more, I would like to end today's session" said Chief Witch Acton.

"Actually Chief Witch, there is one more thing" said Sirius, getting up.

"Go ahead, Lord Black" she said.

"The Most Ancient and Noble Houses of Potter, Black and Gryffindor call for a vote of no-confidence in Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge" said Sirius.

"The motion is seconded by the Most Ancient and Noble Houses of Greengrass and Slytherin" said Cyrus.

There was a loud noise in the chamber as many people agreed with them. Fudge knew that this was the end of his career since there was no stopping the vote.