Chapter 27

It was eleven in the night. A tall boy was sitting on the couch in the living room of a beach house. Harry sat there with a stony expression on his face as the wind blew in his face as he stared into the dark waters in the distance. His eyes were red and puffy and he was emotionally exhausted and couldn't go to sleep.

Suddenly, he sensed a person behind him. But this presence was very familiar to him so he didn't react when he heard a voice say, "Back to square one, are we?"

"What are you doing out here?" asked Harry quietly. "It's very late. You should be in bed."

"So should you" replied Daphne as she took the seat next to him.

"This place really is beautiful isn't it?" she asked, after several minutes.

"Uh huh" said Harry.

"I told you that I wouldn't leave you" she said quietly, without preamble.

"I believe you" said Harry.

"Liar"

Harry sat quietly, not meeting her eyes.

Daphne sighed and leaned her head on his shoulder. Harry slowly sneaked his arm around her waist as she snuggled deeper into him. "How did you know?" asked Harry.

"I know how you think" replied Daphne. "You might have the entire world fooled, but you can't fool me; I'm the one who spends nearly everyday with you so I can accurately judge your emotions. Harry - " she said and closed her eyes. "Please, don't for a second think the contract being voided would have any change in our relationship. I already told you that I won't leave you. Why is that so hard for you to understand?"

Harry remained quiet. "Look, Harry" she said finally. "This has to end. Tell me right now if you either trust me or you don't. Do you trust me to stay with you to the end? Do you believe me when I say that I love you?"

"I do, but - "

" – but you think you don't deserve love, don't you?" snapped Daphne. "You do deserve love, Harry. Allow me to show you that you are indeed worthy of being loved by others. Don't be so pessimistic all the time, Harry. You have come so far in life. You're an International Duelling Champion; you're an outstanding student; you're incredibly powerful for your age; you work hard and strive to be the best, and this has resulted in you learning so much that you could beat NEWT students with ease. You killed a seventy-foot long basilisk and defeated Tom Riddle in a duel. Anyone else would have crumbled into a heap after everything you've gone through, but you always rise again like a phoenix, more determined than ever each time. Please don't let your bad experiences before affect the wonderful boy you have turned out to be. I love you, Harry, please don't ever forget that. You deserve to be loved and adored by people around you. I'll always be by your side" she said softly but firmly.

"If I feel that I don't deserve love, you can always feed me a love potion" said Harry with a small smile on his face. "Get it?"

Daphne snorted and buried her face in his chest. "That was worse than the last one!" she whined.

Harry chuckled. "Thanks, Daphne. I don't know what I'd ever do without you" he said softly.

"You'll never, ever have to find out" was the reply. "I hope such thoughts never arise in your mind again. Will they?"

"No" said Harry firmly, hugging her tightly, and breathing in the familiar scent of his fiancée. "They won't. I love you too, Daphne. And you're right. The contract being voided has nothing to do with us. You're still my fiancée and nothing can change that."

"Good" said Daphne, leaning up to kiss him softly. They remained there for the rest of the night, tangled in each other's arms.

HP*LIGHTNING LORD*HP