Chapter 44

Dolores Umbridge came back from the Ministry with high spirits. She had finally figured out a way to stop that Potter brat. Oh, how she hated that little liar! She would get him if it was the last thing she did! She had bribed a reporter into writing a horrible article about that blasted boy and soon, everything would be perfect.

That Potter boy had been the bane of her existence. Ever since that trial of Sirius Black, the Ministry had taken a beating, but pretty soon, it became worse. At that Lockhart trial, she had wanted to watch the memory as she couldn't let the chance of seeing two handsome boys naked slip between her fingers. But then that criminal Black had threatened her with a Blood feud. Those things weren't seen for centuries and would definitely wipe her out, so she had chosen to remain quiet. She had been ecstatic when all those negative news came out about Potter. She had asked Cornelius to arrest the half-blood brat, but he had refused. But pretty soon, he had killed that basilisk (she was sure that he lied about it; as if he could kill a basilisk) and was a hero again. Cornelius and Lucius had both taken a huge beating from that; Lucius had lost nearly all his influence in the Ministry because of that blasted Magical Daily paper. All attempts to find out the new owner proved to be useless; it was like he didn't even exist whoever that Frank Olive guy was. She was sure he was a mudblood. Oh, how she wished she could strangle him.

She had helped Lucius organise the Death Eater attacks at the World Cup, but that blasted paper had discovered her involvement. It was only due to a lot of bribery and blackmail had she evaded an investigation (Amelia Black had been furious about that), and she was completely broke now. But of course, Potter had become a hero again. She thought that Goblet of Fire incident would cause chaos, but nooo, it didn't. He was a hero again!

But she wouldn't stand for it. Tomorrow's paper would bring the Potter family down once and for all, just as she had always dreamed of. She walked into the small living room, but slipped on something. She screamed, but instead of falling, she felt something impact her. She the familiar pull of a portkey and she painfully landed on a cold stone floor. She groaned and got up to find that her wand was missing! She was in a dungeon of some kind, behind metal bars. She got up and tried to get out, but they wouldn't budge! They were magically fused with the stone.

"Dolores Umbridge" said a voice. "How nice of you to grace us with your presence; welcome to our ancestral home"

She couldn't see anyone as it was quite dark. "Who are you?" she asked fearfully. "Do you know who I am? I am the Senior Undersecretary to the Minister of Magic!" she screeched. "You better release me this instant!"

"Oh, why would I do that, my dear?" said the voice, sounding amused. "I have plenty of things to ask you. You have been a thorn in my side Dolores. And now, you try to bribe one of my reporters?"

"You!" shouted Umbridge. "You're that Frank Olive guy we have been searching for! You just wait, mudblood, Cornelius would have your head for this! I'll ensure that you receive the dementor's kiss. Soon, your paper will be in the hands of the Ministry as it should always have been!"

"Tut tut, Dolores" said the voice. "If you want to even accuse me of anything much less try to sentence me to be killed, you would be killed far before that, my dear. I wouldn't even have to raise a finger, as the public would do it themselves."

"Why don't you show your face, you filthy liar!" she shouted, rattling the bars of her cell, but she couldn't move them.

"If you insist, my dear" said the voice. The lighting charms activated, providing a dim glow. She saw who was standing in front of her. "No" she said, shaking her head. "This is impossible!"

Harry smirked. "What's impossible? That a mere fourteen-year-old boy has kidnapped you? I must say I'm disappointed in you. The wards around your house were pathetic."