Chapter One: Nobody's Tasks

Weeks later, Er-Nobody's POV

This is so dumb....

Ding ding ding! x20

I wave the screens away, dismissing them. Each is a reminder for another boring task from taking garbage out to washing my hands and folding crap. Basically the most minor, common activities to  waste time are what I'm assigned. But I have to play along or Gaster goes after the kids. If I miss a task or don't follow my role once, he makes it clear the threat he will be to them. He hacked me and changed me for fuck's sake. What would he do to the kids with that power? My soul feels heavier after what he did to me, yet that doesn't stop me from getting through dozens of tasks to keep him off my back. But I still cringe at the name he came up with for me. Nolan Boda Dylans. If Gaster wanted to make it clear that I'm nobody, he made it. I'm stuck living the life of an almost nameless person in the background of timelines, which I'm fine with. I got a house and a job, going through a basic routine. But more tasks pile up. And I have my way around some of the tasks that are mainly meant to stall me in my role with mundane tasks. So I take advantage of them.

For example, I use my job in computers to learn hacking or coding abilities again, which counts for work. Or getting animals under my control as part of "having pets", sending owls or spiders off to send messages eventually. And of course, training with self-made spears and climbing trees as "exercise", practicing to get stronger without my usual abilities.

Right now I'm doing another shift at work and ignoring the stacks of reminders for tiny tasks to "blend in" and "be normal" or whatever. Then, a message appears with a special task that reads: SURVIVE GANG VS STAR SANSES. I don't have much time to question it before a blast tears through the room and a fight between Killer and Ink barrels inside, followed by the gang. I see Nightmare already deflecting arrows and smacking Dream through walls, yet don't see Blue as everyone scrambles in the chaos of the intruding fight and trying to flee from it. Ink hops across the desks, kicking papers everywhere with Killer trying to catch him as Dust and Horror prepare more attacks. I frown, seeing in Ink's eyes that he's obviously on some of his most dangerous vials...I frown, knowing the clear task and having to avoid attention, but I couldn't just let them deal with Ink alone in his state....Red vial of all things in the mix.....

So I throw a chair at Ink, knocking him down before making a run for the exit. Then a blast from the fight knocks me out the window. I frown, summoning my spear to dig it into a tree , gripping it tightly as it tears down the center until it reaches a stop. Then I hop down from the branches cautiously, snapping my fingers to retrieve the spear once on solid ground.

Worth it. Now I guess I can take the day off and---

"Nicely done. That was some smooth improvising skills."I hear Nightmare say as his shadow looms over me.

I turn around, seeing him climb down with his tentacles to approach me with a grin.

"Gracias."I say with a grin

"You seem used to fighting with how calm you reacted. Everyone else was full of negativity for me to consume, full of fear...But not you. Who are you?"He asks

It's not like I can give my real name...

"Nolan."I say

He pauses, narrowing his eye at me as if he sensed something before returning to the battle after Dust shouted for him. I shrug it off, walking to a park far from their chaos. In the center is a beautiful fountain and I step closer to admire it. But it wasn't long until Gaster's ugly face appears in the reflection.

"What the hell was that?"He snaps angrily, causing large ripples in the peaceful fountain

"Dear Asgoro, chill. I completed the task as requested. Don't make the fountain flood from your tantrum."I say, rolling my eyes

"You must blend in." He says! "Be nothing more special than a random background character! Some random mortal in a meaningless AU!" He says! Yet here I am, getting the fifth visit in three days from a literal GOD talking to a "random mortal" in a fountain's reflection!

"You're not supposed to talk to the gang! They're not even meant to know your name! You're nobody!"He says

"Well sorry but that wasn't specified. I escaped the battle, didn't I? And when Nightmare asks a question, you answer. I kind of had to talk if I were to complete the task. Now, don't you have somewhere else to throw a tantrum? Fuck off."I say, swiping the water with a hand and making his reflection fade.

"Dear Asgoro, his shit is unbearable."I say, rolling my eyes as I sit on a nearby bench to craft using my bag's supplies.

No POV

What he didn't know was that he was followed by Blue who was checking the surrounding area to make sure nobody was harmed. And what he overheard perplexed him. Why would Reapertale Gaster be reaching out to this random member of this AU? And how would a random person in this AU know about Asgoro? He only knows one person to use that name when frustrated...So Blue quickly hid behind a tree to call Reaper for his input. Yet Ink overhears the conversation and learns that Error is missing. Under the red vial's influence, he grew furious and went to see Gaster, the suspected culprit. This caused Dream to flee, completely outnumbered. Reaper finishes the call, tells the kids to stay home and goes to confront Gaster about this encounter or if this person might be Error...but he walks in on Gaster getting attacked and beaten around by Ink.

"What's going on here?"Reaper asks

"He's ruining my fun! He's messing with the balance, that's what! He made the mistake of trying to replace me and ruin my fun!"Ink snaps

"How the hell did I manage that?"Gaster asks

"You're being a pain in the ass for Error and enjoying it with your big schemes! I saw you giggling like a kid with candy brainstorming the ways the other day! Only I can be a pain in the ass bothering Error! You're taking away my entertainment! Now I'm stuck with his dumb kid to fight! It's not the same!"Ink snaps

Reaper doesn't know if he should be on Ink's side or not. His actions are helping him, but his intentions are insulting. Then again, what does he expect? Maybe this will help get answers out of Gaster...So he decides to take a seat in the air, summon some popcorn and watch the show. He even records it on his phone.

"Look how special you are, Glitchy.~ You have two of our worst enemies fighting over you. It's quite entertaining, isn't it?"He chuckles, planning to show this after they reunite

......if they ever reunite....They will reunite, right?

TBC