Chapter 15: Cave Searching

Weeks later,  NO POV(for now)

But the changes don't stop and Error realizes this quickly. So, one day when he's on a destruction spree he doesn't return home to protect his family from harm. But of course, this only sends them into alarm and trying to find him.

"Daaaad? I found another stream from Shattered!"Shino shouts

"What does it say, sweetie?"Reaper asks, scrolling through his lists

"He doesn't care what form he gets the destroyer in, just that he gets to control the destroyer's power. He got an alert showing that Papa came to free Palette, he had it shoot him twice to inject chemicals into him. At first, it would shut his body down, but then it would start turning him into a beast few can tame. Oh! That dumb cult has a new stream too....They put a tracker on Papa to hunt him down!"Shino says

Reaper rolls his eyes, doubting the cult's abilities to find Error.

"Update! They found him and declared themselves as his protectors. They're giving the entire tough act. Including the 'if you want to hurt the destroyer, you'll have to go through us first' speech."She says

"That's ridiculous."Reaper says, shaking his head.

"I can track them down from their streams."She says

Reaper nods, then takes the three of them to find Error, finding the cult camping around a large cave. Growls can be heard from inside the cave.

"So...If they're protecting Papa, where could they be keeping him?"Shino asks

"Probably in a shelter somewhere..."Goth says

"But-"Shino begins

"That's a lot of tents to search."Raven says

"We should be subtle to avoid attracting attention."Reaper says

"Yeah, they'll probably start trouble and take him away if they see us coming."Goth says

They continue talking to make a plan without giving Shino the chance to speak either. She frowns, scanning the area the cult is camping around curiously. Why would they surround this cave that has something growling, endangering themselves if they didn't have to? Surely the cave has some meaning. And Shattered said he'd turn Error into a wild animal so perhaps the cave is where he is. 

She smiles, sneaking into the cave while they're too busy planning. It gets darker the deeper she goes but she sees jars of fireflies hanging by strings of yarn to start lighting the cave up.  She sees the jars hooked onto stalactites on the ceiling. Then she goes deeper, finding mountains of chocolate and piles of yarn that she has to climb past before seeing trees filled with ravens or crows with freshly planted roots. It looks like the trees were ripped from forests and forced here in cages of strings with birdfeeders tied to them. She chuckles, finding it no coincidence that the birds associated with death are the only birds kept in this cave. Then she hears movement and quiets herself, hiding behind a mountain of yarn.

She watches as a large dragon paces back and forth, coming closer to sniff the trees and admire the birds. She sees the dragon smile at the birds with a fond gaze while she can't help but stare in awe at the gigantic dragon. She could be flicked away by two of its fingers as she is small enough to fit in a single claw. She smiles, recognizing her papa. It's obviously him. His claws are black, red, and yellow while his body is shades of black and red. He has black horns that fade to yellow and are wrapped in blue strings dangling from the tips. There are red scales around his mouth and eyes. Two gigantic wings fade between red, black, and yellow with some white tips. His tail fades from black, nearly white to red.

She smiles, stepping out of hiding.

"Papa! You look so pretty!"She cheers

Error glances at her, partially surprised to find her in the cave. 

"This is an awesome cave you made! We're here for you, Papa! But Dad and Raven were busy arguing so----Wait, why are you picking me up? Papa?"She says as she is picked up in a claw and carried deeper into the cave.

She gets placed in a large nest and then the dragon she recognizes as her papa curls up around her carefully. She smiles trying to locate the tracker the cult put on him as he enjoys having her so close. He's determined to protect her from the weirdos he can hear camping outside, unaware that it's a cult seeking to "protect" him.

Meanwhile, outside the cave...

"Wait, where did your sister go? SHINO?"Reaper shouts, noticing her absence

"Shit, did she start searching the camp already?"Raven wonders

"Nah, I think she got curious and went to the biggest uncertainty."Goth says, pointing to the cave

They notice crowds of the cult gathering at the cave entrance, watching as the crowds enter and getting tossed out by a sharp tail moments later. A loud growl and huff is heard before the tail sinks out of sight again.

"Uuuuh, is it a good or bad sign that Shino wasn't thrown out like they were by now?"Raven asks

They each look at each other and frown, knowing that they have to act fast.

Shino finds the tracker and peels it off of his neck, hearing him sigh with relief. She *CHECKS* him and grins, confirming that it's her papa. 

*ERROR

*Currently a dragon that doesn't want to leave the cave.

*Knows weirdos are camping outside with weak weapons but doesn't want to waste time dealing with them.

*Wants to protect you and stay in the cave unbothered as long as he can keep his self-control.*

"Could we at least peek out? Dad, Goth, and Raven are outside watching the cult weirdos. They want to find you."She says

*Reluctance detected.*

*The soul is fighting to stay in control and wants to keep you safe. The soul doesn't want to harm loved ones.*

"It's okay, you'll be okay. We'll find a solution, Papa. You're very strong and I know we'll be safe."She says, trying to reassure him

She gazes up at him with a smile and he sighs, nodding. She leads him out, holding one of his fingers as she giggles excitedly. She gets shoved out of the way the moment the cult sees Error, who is quick to offer him food and climb the walls to put gold or flowers on him. He scares them back with his growling, scooping Shino up as they flee to the tents and camps. He places her on his head, glancing around as they fear his wrath and she smiles at him.

TBC