Chapter 42: Destroyer-Centered Plans

Days later, NO POV

Error wakes up, finding himself chained down and hooked up to a large electric machine. Even his soul was hooked up to it.

"Ah, look who woke up. Now we can get things started. I have many underlings to empower. Now, I should probably explain to the battery what's going to happen here."Shattered chuckles, walking closer and lifting his chin up carefully

Error tears his head away, feeling his glitching pick up as he tries to hide his fear.

"Now, you probably are quite aware as an expert coder and destroyer of what makes up a person. You should know that every inch of a soul is filled with its purpose like how your beloved is oozing with code for only death as that's what he's made for. The same goes for you. Every inch of you is filled with code and power to destroy as that is your purpose. From your fingers to your glitches are traces of destruction running through you as the god of destruction. What I plan to do is pump my invention of mine with your powerful code to inject it into every underling, creating a very powerful army fueled by your power. With that, I'll be unstoppable to pave my way across the multiverse and show all who inhabit it who to fear before all their dreams get crushed. I will reign over it all, higher than that foolish Nightmare as KING, and by then, you'll be hardly able to lift a finger when all your power belongs to my army. Perhaps then you'll beg for my mercy and rule beside me...serve me...If you're not dead that is. I've never drained a soul like yours before so this will be interesting to see."He explains

Error's eyes shrink and Shattered grins, opening the door for a long line of underlings to approach the machine. Then he walks over to the chained destroyer with a grin.

"You're never going to see that family again. I'm going for your granddaughter first. I'll give her a matching skull to her father's before I behead them."He says with a smug grin

Then a tentacle pulls the switch and the machine starts running off of Error's soul, draining him of his powers as he screams in pain. Each underling start walking through, ignoring this to get his powers in the machines as they know that they could have little time until the machine runs out of soulbeats to gain power from. The torturing process has begun and Shattered only grins as he hears the glitched screams of pain.

Completely unaware of what's coming for him.

Meanwhile...

"I don't give TWO POOPS about who Shattered gave my papa's soul too or how that 'complicates' things for you! This is the equivalent of soul trafficking and ILLEGAL might I remind you! That being shouldn't even HAVE my papa's soul! The only legal thing is your contract with my papa to give him what he wished! He fulfilled his end as far as you would let him by playing wild goose chase and tossing him around and changing plans! Now YOU have to do your end! So put your big-deity pants on and GO FIX IT! Go deal with the jerk who has my papa's soul instead of hiding away for it to blow over! Cuz so help me if my papa dies from Shattered's scheme or if there's a single scar on him that you could've prevented by freeing him from that other being but didn't, I am going to make you PAY! I don't care how or when, but I will find a way! I will find any higher beings than you and report you! I will face you myself, I don't care! I will find a way to make you pay and you won't like it! Don't doubt me because it was quite simple to hunt you down! Do you hear me?"Shino snaps, having a meeting through a portal she made to Destiny themself.

Destiny is quite shocked that Shino found them at all and managed to code an opening to them, in addition to being chewed out by said child with serious threats dripping from her voice. Honestly, it scared Destiny a bit that the child of a destroyer and Death is threatening them...Okay more than a bit. So, Destiny nods without much other choices.

"Good. You have a day in my time before I check in again. And yes I am aware how little time that converts into for you, so get to it."She says, shutting the portal before any objections could be given.

Reaper sits on the other side of the table that she sat at, feeling conflicted.

"Sweetie, I'm proud of you but....I don't think Glitchy would like you challenging higher beings or threatening them. He knows how dangerous they are and the last thing he wants is for you to get near them or face their wrath."He says

"Well, this is to get Papa back so the consequences can wait. I won't let them let him get hurt if I can do something about it. Now come on, Palette is planning at the castle with the gang."She says, opening a portal

They go through to find her brothers already there with the gang. Lovespoon sits on the table, admiring the map that Palette rolled out as she twists her fingers anxiously mixed with excitement. She knows this is their rescue mission and Horror is behind her with three bags full of healing supplies, prepared to help however severe the conditions are.

And why is Nightmare not leading or even included in this meeting? Well, nobody really trusts him to think a plan through since it was his impulsive scheme that endangered Error by giving Shattered an opening last time. Nobody's willing to take any risks with his planning skills.

"Okay, so this is the plan. Shino found his castle...It wasn't that hard to find given that it's a bright gold with cobblestone tops on the towers. Yea, the very opposite of subtle. But that makes the layout quite predictable. There are two possible places where Mr. Error could be hidden depending on how much prideful stupidity is in Shattered head. The obvious place would be the towers to keep him, which there are four, so they'll need to be checked. Shino, you can get rid of any security the castle may have while your family checks the towers for any sign of him. The rest of us are going in from the ground up with Lovespoon's help to check any other space he could be hidden in. If he's smart, Mr. Error would be hidden in a lower space instead of the towers. Our priority is to find Mr. Error and get him out of there so that he can recover properly. Sound good?"Palette says

Killer raises his hand and Palette sighs.

"Yes, Mr. Killer, you'll get to stab people since I doubt this will go smoothly. I'm sure this place is filled with dumb servants of his for you to have your fun with. Everyone must be alert, got it? We don't quite know what he's planning so be very careful. I'll try to provide as much help as I can by using these against him. Now, are we ready?"He says, raising the yellow-green tentacles sprouting from his back.

Killer claps excitedly at getting the chance to unleash murderous chaos, especially if it's to help Error.

"Ready as we'll ever be."Dust says

Shino opens a portal and they file through, arriving on a mountain overlooking Shattered's castle in the distance. Reaper talks out the details with Killer on how they plan to handle their deadly skills. He intends to reap and Killer...kills. They're basically calling dibs on different parts of the castle. Shino codes away, hacking into the systems to leave the castle defenseless. She unknowingly shut the machine off in the process, saving Error from giving his code away to the last quarter of Shattered's large army. His screams fade as he shuts his eyes, trying to weakly rest before it starts again.

But this shutdown catches Shattered attention, knowing that someone must be close. So, he sends his army out to investigate, slipping away to his office to let things play out and plan his next move. Will he even need to power the machine back up or will the weakest die off from whoever is meddling in his scheme? He grins, knowing they might do him a favor. He can adapt to this and see what future the destroyer has...if any.

But he really should've worried about his future.

The group sees the army spill out and Killer grins.

"Alright, let's do this!"Dust says, charging ahead with Killer close behind.

The groups quickly divide as planned. Reaper, Goth, and Raven take to the skies to search the towers as Palette, Killer, and Dust pave their way through the army. Palette uses his tentacles to keep any cowards from fleeing to warn Shattered. Shino, Horror, and Lovespoon take the trip underground to tunnel into the lowest floor and break their way upwards using her plants. The plan is rapidly advancing with determination, even as they notice the increased strength in the army that seems unnaturally destructive.

They can only hope that Error is still in there with a beating soul.

TBC