Chapter 59: No More Spoilers

NO POV

Inside the room was hardly a room. Every wall, even the ceiling was covered with pictures of different versions of Error. Closer inspection shows that it starts focusing on two versions of Error, one that Shade recognizes as his grandpa and the other recognized as Reaper's new husband. On the walls are notes or pieces of Error's clothes like a shred of a scarf or a single shoe. The pictures were random and didn't give any sense of privacy. In OuterTale, at home, destroying AUs, and training with Lovespoon or the gang, there were pictures of him eating and sleeping. Anyone caught in the picture with him was crossed out with big red Xs. Then there were more candles at the center of a wall at the back of the room with notes framing the wall from floor to ceiling. Pictures filled the framed wall of notes. Then, hanging from the ceiling by two hooks to hold the handles wrapped with strings connecting to two life-sized puppets of Error. These were marionette-style puppets with red and blue strings hooked onto the bodies and dangling up to the handles. Even their jaws were lined with strings. One was dressed in an oversized jacket and pants while the other was dressed in the wedding tuxedo that they were tracking. Despite the puppets hanging limp, they look life-like with realistic detail and the eyes especially seem accurate. 

"Uuuh...What the hell is this?"Shade asks

Nobody had an answer.

"I need to go..."Reaper says, walking away.

"Dad? Where are you going?"Shino asks

Reaper doesn't answer, leaving the group's sight. 

A few moments pass as they try to take in and understand the bizarre sight of the room.

Raven is the first to recover. He turns to the group, gesturing to the room with a stern expression.

"Take notes here! This is the difference between a loving simp's attachment and a creepy stalker's obsession. These are the people you have to be careful of. Because Dad has a HEALTHY love for Papa and doesn't have a weird shrine for him anywhere like some basement secret, unlike this creep. And Dad better not prove me wrong by having one when we get home!"Raven says, shouting down the hall after Reaper.

"I don't think he'd go that far. Dad has Papa, why would he need a messy shrine? And the pictures are why we have scrapbooks and make them with Uncle Blip."Shino says, shooting a glare toward where Reaper went as if to say you hear me?

Havoc snaps his fingers and his eyes turn white.

"What are you doing?"Dust asks

"Checking for traps or souls in the room. I learned plenty of what to look out for from my dad."

"Oh really?"

Havoc tilts his head at Dust with a dull expression.

"I'm Killer's son and you're surprised that I know to look out for trouble? Have you met my dad in your timeline?"He asks

"Good point."Dust says, snickering at his own dumb question.

Havoc scans the room, then gasps and runs forward. He hops up, trying to grab the puppets that are just out of his reach. He summons two bone attacks to lift himself up, reaching out to the hooks for the puppet handles.

"What are you doing?"Shade asks

"Getting them down, duh!"He says

Raven checks for souls and realizes what Havoc meant. He flies up to help him with the hooks. Then they hear pounding footsteps getting closer. A figure with a long cloak that drags behind them in dark brown shades with darker gloves and boots on. Six orange eyes squint through a grey mask with red lines on it and two horns tear through the hood like a chomping claw.