Chapter 32: Bonding Time and Schemes

No POV months later

So the past few months have been full of family fun. They've taken the chance to do various family activities like they had done on that beach day with the desire to bond and enjoy themselves. They each enjoy it and Error saves pictures that he takes on his phone to an album. He also finds it funny that bystanders or random people near them tend to approach him with comments, not realizing who they're talking to. He has worn shades more often when they go out just to see what strangers will tell him and how long it will take for them to realize. Some even approach Reaper when they're out and comment on Error without knowing who he is. Who knew that it just took different jackets and some shades to confuse people and disguise Error? But unlike Error, Reaper doesn't take their interest in his boyfriend as amusing or let them talk for more than a few sentences. Especially the bold ones that ask about Error's availability, thinking that they're just friends or chaperones for the kids. He shuts their questions down quickly and makes them leave before Error or the kids realize what happened. Once they went to a farmer's market to see what food or baked goods they could enjoy and Reaper dealt with this while Error was checking out some cinnamon rolls that Shino pointed out.

But overall they have a good time and they each love the activities spent together.

Gaster on the other hand is complaining to any god that would listen about the "trouble" this family has caused him when in reality he is just upset that he keeps failing to complete his plans. His complaints catch the attention of other gods not because of the trouble, but because it explains what has changed. Gaster has been very distant and shut away in his room while many noticed how Reaper moved away from the rest of them into a new house. Some even remember him building it before leaving it empty....until he moved into it at some point. They were too busy to ask Papyrus about the situation, so Gaster's complaints within context helped explain a lot to them. He even told other AUs' gods and caught their interest. The god of death dating a destroyer and living with him? Or in some considerations, a god of death with a god of destruction?

These gods and goddesses unite, intending to confront either of them concerning Gaster's complaints bringing the family to their awareness. Life is optimistic and happy for Reaper getting such a sweet family while the rest are reluctant to believe that a destroyer could be a fitting parent. Some are even reluctant to believe that Reaper could be capable of parenting. Except one who sees potential in them. And then there are the kids to be concerned about. What could children of Death be capable of? And what about this granddaughter of Destruction with a mortal literal HORROR as a parent?

They secretly hold meetings where they plan to have these questions answered. To test Error and the kids while deciding to just talk to Reaper the next chance they get about his activity lately. They want their concerns put to rest but don't really care for Gaster's complaints, easily dismissing them and even kicking him out. Life sits with another god at a small table in these meetings meant for supporting the topic while the other gods scheme at the table for those opposing the subject. This is done since she and the other god are the only two who support the idea of the family being a family and Reaper's relationship with Error.

Now, having an idiot "parent" like Gaster with constant schemes that end up causing trouble has given Reaper something similar to a paranoid sixth sense. It was worse without his coffee or sleep but has settled since his relationship started with Error, who insists on getting him onto a proper sleep schedule. He hasn't dealt with this sixth sense since he has gotten proper rest and plenty of cuddles or comfort....until now. Almost as if he could sense the gods scheming because of Gaster's information, he wakes up suddenly in bed as he is overwhelmed by a bad feeling. His sudden jolt to consciousness and tearing away to sit up in bed wakes Error, whom he had been cuddling.

"ReApEr...WHaT'S wRONg?"Error asks

"I don't know...I just have a really bad feeling. Usually it's when trouble is coming...And given the situation, I think it will be from the other gods of my AU. Perhaps Gaster....Usually I get a bad feeling when they're up to something, like longer lists. But this bad feeling doesn't feel like a work extension..."He admits

Error sighs, pulling him closer.

"NoThIng bAd wiLl hApPeN. We'rE aLl okAy, ReApEr. GaStEr iSn'T eVeN w0rTh w0rRyiNg aBoUt 0r l0s1nG sl3ep 0veR. Or tHoSe oThEr g0ds. Ser1oUsLy, h3 juSt tr1eS sHiT aNd gEtS hiS aSs wHo0peD oR pLaNs bAckf1re oN hiM. He'S n0t tHaT sMaRt oF a ThrEaT. PoWeRfuL, buT dUmB."Error says

Reaper chuckles but thinks about it more.

"Maybe those stupid people are the source then...those weird...people-watchers...Planning to take away....."

"ReApEr, wHaT aRe y0u tAlKiNg aBoUt?"Error asks, feeling Reaper snuggled closer to him.

"People stare at you when we're out having fun...I hear them whispering...Like that market that we went to...They even commented on wanting you and asking if you're single."He mumbles

"PfFt, AnD yOu tHiNk sOmE rAnDom pEoPle wiLl cAuSe Us tRoUbLe? PfFt, yOu rEaLlY nEeD tO sLeEp cUz yOu gEt duMbEr wiThOuT iT. NoNe oF tHeM aRe cLoSe tO a ThrEaT aNd yOu'Re nOt loSinG mE. YoU'Re mY bEloVeD iDiOt aNd I'M stAyInG wiTh yOu. AnD dO yOu rEaLlY tHiNk tHoSe f0oLs woULd sTiLl bE iNtO mE iF tHeY kNeW wHo ThEy wErE rEaLlY sTaRiNg At? Go t0 sLeEp, ReApEr. YoU'rE beInG rIdIcUlOuS."Error says

Reaper nods, dozing off as Error gently pets his head.

A few days later, Reaper gets called by Horror to hang out which he finds odd. Horror tells him that it's urgent.

He arrives to find Horror waiting for him. Horror leads him away to sit in a shop that is away from the farm or where he could kill anything.

"There, now we can talk."He says

"What exactly is that about?"Reaper asks

"I'm told by my daughter that she saw some things on that beach day and heard more than just the ocean. And she doesn't exactly like our current relationship where we only see each other or talk when there's something wrong. And given that there's a good chance of you joining the family, she thinks it would be best that we try to bond. And I promised Farm that I'd do so where you couldn't kill anything or plague his crops."He says

Reaper smiles at the implications, then awkwardly tries to think of something to do and talk about. Horror seemed reluctant to chat. Then he gets an idea.

"I saw on the Undernet that some AU or AUverse is getting bigger and more popular. Some Idolverse. Looks cool."Reaper says, taking his phone out.

He shows Horror it on his phone and Horror glances at him after a few minutes.

"Why exactly are you into this? It's just different versions of us."He asks the god

"It's interesting!"

Then Horror sees Idol!Error perform and quickly realizes why. Reaper is a SIMP after all.

"Right. For a moment I forgot who I was asking. Found your Asgoro obsession, huh?"He asks

Reaper chuckles and rolls his eyes.

"No, I was totally into it because of Fresh's performance."He says sarcastically

"Don't let him hear that you were enjoying the parasite's performance more than his, joke or not."

They both laugh and continue chatting. Meanwhile, Error spends the day with the kids in a library. He wasn't going to let Reaper's influence go beyond sappy thoughts that make him an idiot. Still, it's a relaxing day for each of them.

At least they're having fun.

TBC