Chapter 9: Baby Death

A few days later, Error's POV

I sit with Goth as he tries to cut the cookies he plans to bake into diamonds. I help him cut and decorate them, following the directions in the recipe book. Raven is training his skills in the backyard on a practice dummy and Shino is downstairs being supervised by Reaper.

Or is it vice versa?

It's quite peaceful until we hear...

"Dad! Don't touch that-NOO!"Shino shouts

BOOOM!

Then as I'm going to the basement, Shino cautiously opens the door as she lowers glitching code walls covered in chemicals.

"I told Dad that I made the cure and he grabbed the wrong sample. He didn't wait for me to explain and it was an unstable sample...Sorry, Papa."She says, holding a vial of black bubbling fluids in it.

I shake my head, sighing with relief that she's okay.

"Go set that aside. I'll help him. I'm glad that you're not hurt."I say

She nods and I go downstairs, seeing a smaller blast zone and smaller mess than last time. I learned from last time so I put some gloves on, glancing around for Reaper. I find him curled up on the floor and a lot smaller. I shake my head, realizing what happened. I carefully pick him up as his tiny wings flap, wiping the chemicals off him as I bring him upstairs. I quickly get a bath ready, putting him in one.

"So....Dad's a baby now?"Goth asks after glancing in.

I nod, smiling at Reaper as he plays with the soapy bubbles.

"I'll get the cure from Nightmare the next time I visit Palette."He says, shutting the door.

Then I feel my soul surge with sudden pain and check it. I frown, seeing that the glow that surrounds it from Reaper is fading. What had kept Gaster from using me is fading and it may leave me powerless again...Giving Gaster a chance to hurt me for returning to them. Yet, understandably, the "claim" on my soul from that contract is fading since it's supposed to be for soulmates and it would be weird for a baby to be soulmates with an adult. Too big of a perceived age difference.

I finish his bath, set him in bed, and call for Shino.

"Shino, can you bring me the cure?"I ask

I'm not letting Gaster get control again.

She comes in, handing me it and smiles. Then she leaves to clean the basement and fix her lab again. I smile, pulling Reaper beside me as he blinks tiredly at me. He smiles up at me as I sip the vial, then lay beside him.

The vial worked and the next thing I know, I was rebooting. I couldn't move or sense anything but I know I'm safe with my family. When I finish rebooting though, I find Reaper curled up in my arms and clinging onto me. I see that he is wearing one of my jackets and scarves, making me chuckle.

"ArEn'T yOu aDoR-ReApEr, aRe yOu oK?"I ask, noticing tears in his eyes.

He hugs me tighter, not answering me.

"Sowwy...."He says quietly

"SoRrY? WHaT aRE yOu sOrRy fOr?"I ask

"Weevin."He says, glancing up at me as tears roll down his face

That face is too cute to be crying....

I gently wipe his tears away, seeing that my fingers are back to their usual boney appearance.

"Papa, Raven made Dad cry by messing with him about you."Goth says

I glance over, seeing the two boys in the doorway.