Chapter 3: Threats and Daughterly Bonding

A few weeks later, Er----'s POV

One nice thing about being a character in the background is that nobody really notices or bothers you. Fate isn't breathing down your back and there's a sense of freedom with the amount of time that you get for once. And this freedom allows me to notice things that I wouldn't notice before. Like posts putting hits out on my broken soul if found either to collect, manipulate, or destroy and chat-rooms discussing how they will hunt me down to use for their advantage. Multiple threats are mentioned, making me roll my eyes and consider how Gaster might've helped disguise me by mistake. I shake my head at the rewards for the moron dumb enough to come after my soul.

Yet I've heard different sorts of trouble when eavesdropping on audio calls on secured sites(or so they thought). I hear threats aimed at Reaper, not just on the calls but in the halls of my office and spreading through the cubicles. Someone asked how nice it would be to get rid of Death and that set off ideas in their heads, imagining the possibility...Especially since the "calculating destroyer" isn't around to rip their souls apart for attempting it against him. And some of their motives disgusted me as they sought to get close to the kids. Each plan that I hear involve the kids at some point. They see Reaper as the only thing protecting them so if he is removed then the kids are like a pot of gold free to steal after slaying the dragon. Some want to take Reaper down for the heck of it, for the fame, for the immortality they think they'll recieve, while others want him gone to take the kids. Surely some demigods are worth a pretty penny, especially the youngest one full of potential.

Now, I know my kids. I know they're strong and so is Reaper. They could probably wipe the floor with these idiots to be honest. But the fact that the ideas are so popular is concerning. And if they do find a way to succeed with their plans and pose a threat to harm my family, then that's not a risk I'm willing to take. It's infuriating to hear and forced to keep quiet for numerous reasons. But I simply use my time in silence to prepare ways to stop these schemes.

A few days later, I see Shino at the playground again. She glances over at me and smiles. She walks over with a bag and big smile on her face. I think the only reason that I haven't gotten in trouble yet for her being around me is the fact that Shino is the type to talk to strangers and could befriend anyone she desired.

"Wanna build a sand castle together?"She asks, showing that she gathered supplies in her bag and pointing to the sand pit.

I shrug with a nod, trying to hide my joy of spending time with her again. The owl flies above us, watching for any threats. We go into the sand pit, building together. I can't help but smile around her again and enjoy every second hearing her ramble. It was also funny how precise she is when picking which shells she will add.

 It was also funny how precise she is when picking which shells she will add

Then she glances over at me and I smile.

"You don't talk much, do you Mr. Bunny?"She asks

I shake my head, knowing that I probably can't if I try.