Chapter 20: The Loss of a God

Error's POV weeks later

The sunlight shines in and I groan, shifting over in bed. I find the bed empty and sit up, glancing around. I climb out of bed, seeing that he's nowhere around. I find a note on the fridge and nearly rip it up. Gaster gave him a longer list and he went to fix it quickly so that we could have family time.

"ThAt fUcKiNg iDiOt...lEfT..."I mutter

"He left...by himself?"Goth says

I glance over, seeing the kids in the kitchen doorway.

"He broke our rule! Never do lists alone! I'll track him now!"Shino says

That's true. With all those idiots following Shattered's stream and others planning to kill him somehow, we made a rule for

The three start planning their search and my phone buzzes. I see that it's an old contact from my time as Nolan or Nobody that I kept in case my "coworkers" were dumb enough to tip me off about their plans. I hear a portal open and shut, glancing over to see that the kids left for their search. I focus on the message, seeing that they sent me a video. I hit play and hear a song I never wanted to hear again: Hold Him Down.

"Hold him down 'til the god stops shaking. Hold him down while I slit his throat. Hold him down while I slowly break his pride, his trust, his faith, and his bones. Cut him down into tiny pieces. Throw him down into the great below. When the crown wonders where the god is, only the shadows and I will know!~ And when the deed is done, the demi's will have no one to stop us from breaking their bedroom door. Stop us from taking their home and more!~"

While they repeatedly chant this song, they surround Reaper as they fight and splash him with something. He fell as it burned into him and they managed to hold him down, stabbing him before he struggled to get away. Then he flees and the video ends. Then there's a text asking if I can track him for them. I frown, shaking my head. 

This is especially why I wanted him to follow that rule....Didn't want THEM to be able to catch him...He needs to be healed...If it worked, they made him lose his immortality...But his neck looked ok in the video so they didn't get too far.

I don't answer the message but use code to start tracking Reaper. I open a portal, pulling the kids home where they're safe as the code screen completes its search. I put the house in lockdown and go to find Reaper, telling the kids to stay home and call me if anything happens.

I find that the portal opened into the sky of an AU so I use my strings to swing down, seeing large mountains everywhere. I walk down the mountain, finding a medical center. Surely he came here for help, right? I enter, seeing people dressed in togas and robes. That makes sense since this is meant to be an ancient AU.

"Please don't punish us with a plague."Was the first thing I heard.

"HaVe y0u cArEd f0r a sk3let0n 1n a blAcK cl0aK?"

"Mhm. We changed his attire and bandaged him before dismissing  him from our care."

I nod, stepping out to find him. I see him in a silver toga, covered in bandages, talking to a few people. They glance over as I get closer to him, then grin and pull him away.

"Looks like company coming.~ We'll help you get lucky."One of them say

"Huh?"He says

I follow them to a building but the doors are locked. I waited for him to come out, but one of the people with him came out instead. 

"You can go in. He's waiting for you.~"They say

I go inside with a grin, seeing what they set up. Soft music playing from magically-plucked harps, a trail of rose petals on the floor, leading to a door with a rose stuck to it. I open the door with a grin, seeing him stuck surrounded by soft pillows on a bed. I shut the door as my code screens scan for spies or hidden portals, finding none. I smile wider, knowing exactly what they were trying to set up. But Reaper's in no condition to "get lucky". No, certainly not. But I want to ensure he doesn't dare to break the rule again.