Chapter 22: Death's Special Day

A few days later, Error's POV

Today is Reaper's birthday and he is free from the leash and vest for now. Shino is confident that he learned his lesson, but her brothers still closely monitor him. The kids have already left to prepare a surprise. I sit in the living room reading a book as I wait for him to wake up. It's my job to keep him busy which will be fairly easy if I'm being honest. I know just how touch-starved he is after decades across AUs without being comforted that much. Gaster and having a deadly touch doesn't really help things either. Still, this gives me the perfect opportunity for a birthday gift.

I see him creep around a corner, cautiously glancing at the "Dad Leash" that Shino left hanging on a hook before spotting me.

"Where are the kids?"He asks

"OuT bUt tHeY'lL bE bAcK sOoN. YoU diDn'T tHiNk yOu'd bE lEfT aLoNe aT hOmE, dId yOu?"I reply

He shakes his head and I grin, walking over to him.

"I hAvE gOoD nEwS fOr yOu, rEaPeR. ToDaY yOu gEt aLl tHe cUdDlEs, kIssES, hAnD-HolDinG, aNd wHatEvEr gEntLe toUch yOu wAnT."I tell him

"R-Really?"He asks

I nod.

"It'S yOuR spEciAl dAy, ReApe-mMH!"I tell him, getting cut off by a kiss

He didn't waste any time to dive in for a kiss, clearly not wanting to waste this opportunity, he lifts me off of my feet and locking my legs around his waist and smiling in the kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck, one holding his skull and another resting on his wing. I feel him shiver just from feeling that, making me grin. I pull away from the kiss, already seeing how dazed he is. I rub the back of his skull gently and his shoulders slump, relaxing. His wings twitch as I take precise care in any feeling any areas I can reach. His face is already turning a soft blue.

He really is touch starved...It leaves him so sensitive...I've hardly done anything and he's loving it. But that smile...No wonder he gets so excited about our "touch training" sessions for me or when I say that I'm going to sleep now that we share a bed...He probably looks forward to every chance that he can get some contact and care...I should do more of these surprises so that he isn't as starved...He needs physical affection...

He quickly goes in for another kiss and I can feel his body nearly vibrate from excitement and wouldn't be surprised if I could hear his bones rattling from the energy that he's hardly restraining. He carries me away and I was too busy kissing him and focusing on gently touching him that I didn't know where he was taking me. He lays me down on soft cushions, quickly shifting so that I'm still hooked onto him. All while maintaining the kiss, now positioned over me as his wings start flapping eagerly. He pulls out of the kiss and smiles widely, going for a hug as we lay on the cushions. This hug completely pins me down under his weight and I quickly realize that this hug is turning into a very affectionate cuddle session. He rests his head on my shoulder, his face buried out of my sight. He quickly takes the chance to start trailing kisses down the side of my skull to my neck and back up. My face burns up at the feeling, yet it only takes a gentle stroke of my fingers across his feathers for him to stop, letting out a pleased hum.

Hours pass of us just cuddling and kissing each other. Occasionally he shifted our position and I realized that we're in our bedroom. At first I thought he was getting ahead of himself, misreading my gift as an invitation for more and taking me here as a hint of that. Yet, he never asked or mentioned it. Heck he didn't even attempt it. He seems too satisfied to do what we're doing right now, kissing and feeling my arms around him, to even look for those...other bedroom activities. That made me smile, knowing that I'm treating him well enough and he feels loved or satisfied enough with me that he doesn't need to seek that. My other ways of showing affection are good enough for him.

I even got snacks from the kitchen using my strings, feeding it to him as he rests his head in my lap. Just stroking him in the chin makes him hum happily, leaning into the touch. By now his face is burning and he looks like he's in paradise with a dazed look in his eyes. He seems to melt as I cup his cheeks gently, his body shivering as his face burns a deeper blue.

"DeAr AsGORrO, yOu aRe s0 t0uCh-sTaRvEd iF yOu'Re rEaCtIng liKe tHiS."I comment teasingly

"Why wouldn't I savor and enjoy having a day cuddling my boyfriend? You're spoiling me today, Glitchy, and I don't know why."He says

"It's y0ur b1rThdAy, y0u idi0t."I say

And you deserve to be spoiled sometimes...Can't I do that as your boyfriend? How often do you realize that you're spoiling me with your love?

I kept those other comments to myself, knowing that he would tease me.

"Oh yeah...I forget..."He says

Then I hear the front door open and shut, followed by the kids giggling.

"Dad! Papa! Where are you?"Shino calls out

Reaper smiles, carrying me into the living room. Yeah, he isn't wasting a second of this. Raven and Goth hold balloons while Shino lifts up a chocolate birthday cake with black icing that reads HAPPY BIRTHDAY beside a carefully made depiction of Reaper's face out of black and white icing. There were also a few candles, but not too many.

"I see how you managed to keep him busy, Papa."Raven says

"It's Papa. Of course Dad got distracted by him."Goth says

"What do you think of the cake? Happy birthday Dad!"Shino cheers

He smiles at them, finally releasing me and complimenting the cake. He takes the three into a big hug and wraps his wings around them. Then we sit at the table, singing him Happy Birthday before he blows out his candles and smiling happily.

"What did you wish for, Dad?"Raven asks

"Don't ask him that! If he answers it won't come true!"Shino says

"That's not how wishes work, Shino."He says

"Wow, Raven doesn't know how wishes work!"Goth says teasingly

They start bickering and I shake my head as I slice the cake. Reaper smiles, watching them with a twinkle in his eyes. We take our cake slices to the living room, watching a movie of his choosing. Quite a simple, enjoyable birthday.

The last gift that he got was my code screens finding a cure for his mortality issue, returning his immortality to him automatically.

He may not always get the best or biggest birthday celebrations, but he seems to love this one and that's what matters. Hopefully this can become a pattern to make up for the time that his special day was neglected for work.

TBC