Chapter 24: A Brewing Storm

Two months later, Error's POV

"G-Pa, G-Pa! Look, look! Look what I can do!"Lovespoon cheers as I arrive on a windy day to a training session

"Hm?"I say, glancing at her as she raises her hands up eagerly

"I've been practicing!"She cheers

I see an excited spark in her eyes and get a little nervous at how eager she is to show me. I also see the nervous look on Horror's face as he watches her.

"OoKaY, hoW aBoUt wE gEt a sAfE diStAnCe AwAy bEFoRe yOu sHoW mE?"I suggest

She nods, following me away as Horror nods and sighs with relief. Once we returned to the training clearing she smiles wider and slowly twists her hands, clearly not hesitating to show me now. The leaves blowing in the wind freeze mid-air and change direction, grouping together until they fuse into a large umbrella shape.

"Look! Look at it! You were right G-Pa! My control gave me more opportunities! I couldn't do this when I didn't control it! And this might be useful whenever it decides to rain so Dad doesn't get wet while working on the fields! Or Mom whenever he decides to not listen to Dad and get soaked trying to help..."She says, rambling excitedly

I chuckle at her last comment, knowing what she means. I've seen Horror disobey Farmer's orders to rest so I can imagine him getting himself soaking wet trying to help with work on the farm. It really is sweet that the first thing she thinks of using this power for is to help care for them.

"GrEaT jOb, sWeEtiE."I say

"I'm ready for more practice!"She says eagerly

I chuckle and then we proceed to the training session. She enjoyed herself a lot more this time, seeming very proud of herself. She's truly adorable. Then we sit and practice knitting. It's a good way to teach her to focus, be patient, and control each precise move to get a good result. And it's relaxing. Then she says that she's hungry so we head back to the house to get her some food and it starts to rain. She continues trying to knit and I put my jacket on her to keep her warm. She clearly didn't dress warm enough with the way that she shivered at each chilly breeze. Then I use my strings to provide us some cover until we reached the front steps. Then a portal opens behind us and I turn to see it opening on the carrot fields, yet I recognize it as one Nightmare would rarely make for the gang. He didn't always use portals, he'd usually just teleport so this is something for different intentions. The portal dumped the gang out in the middle of a battle with the Star Sanses. I frown, realizing the intentions quickly. If he was thinking, it's probably stupid intentions since Horror hasn't taken part in the gang much as he is too busy ya know, having a family. And given that he rejected the training offer by having me train her, he's probably being an idiot and bringing the gang's routine to Horror instead. And by doing that, he's being trouble to their door. I put a barrier on this AU to protect Horror's family from threats like Fate or whomever intends to harm them but Nightmare just gave them an opening with his portal.

"Ugh, great. Nightmare brought his party here? He's probably being petty since I kept rejecting his offers to get involved in more than just visits and meetings lately. I won't do battles that endanger my family or put targets on them."Horror says

I nod, then notice Shattered hop through before the portal shut. He went unnoticed in the chaos of the battle.

Great, he brought trouble closer than he ever considered. I have to fix this.

I put an arm in front of him and Lovespoon to keep them from getting harmed or going closer to the growing damages and wreckage.

"Grandpa? What are Uncles doing? They didn't say they were coming to play today...."She asks