Chapter 56

"Hehe... She's a pretty child. To target the lives of such beautiful children, what a terrible person." The captain of the boat said.

"Thank you, she is our treasure, and we are fortunate that Lady Kurzina saved her."

"By the way, madam, what is that shining jewel in your bag? It has a very pretty color."

"Oh...It is our family heirloom."

"Huh... I've been sailing for over 20 years, and I've never seen anything like it."

"Is that so?" The woman wrapped her arms around the bag, hiding it from the captain.

"Oh, I'm not coveting it, I'm just curious," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Oh, I shouldn't have said that. You know, when you get older you say silly things."

"Mommy, Mommy, I have something to tell you!" The child tugged at the woman's ear. The captain turned away from the mother and daughter and returned to her seat. And then

The child whispered in the woman's ear. With a childlike smile and an innocent voice.

"Mommy, he wants our jewelry. He's going to kill us while we're sleeping, and then he's going to push our bodies into the sea and put the jewelry in his pocket."

"He will... Really? What should we do then?"

"There's a piece of his hair on the deck. Recite the words I told you and burn the hair. Then his soul will turn to dust and scatter."

"I see! Only our daughter could think of that! I'll go get the hair right away!"

***

"You're the only one who uses such grim tactics, Bashme."

Behind Edulis' back stood a masked woman. The woman's mask covered her entire face, and in the center of the mask was a black butterfly and bloodshot eyes. The sight of the mask made Edulis feel terribly uncomfortable.

It was the same with Bosha. Bosha despised Bashme, viewing her like a termite or cockroach, hiding in dark places, laying eggs, and slowly gnawing at objects and people.

Bashme was among the most troublesome of the witches' forces. In fact, bigwigs like Akale tend to keep to themselves unless they're intrigued. In contrast, Bashme, with her high loyalty to Granadilla, is very active.

Even when Bosha was alive, the number of people killed by Bashme was comparable to those killed by Akale.

"Edulis, we need to talk."

Edulis didn't listen. He felt like he was facing a cockroach with eggs, and he had to kill it before it could spread its grim curse again. Edulis raised his sword and leaped toward Bashme.

Boom!

A thick barrier of magic blocked Edulis' sword, but it didn't stop the attack. The terrifying thing about Black Fang swordplay is that every move is seamlessly connected. Edulis' sword spun relentlessly, like a wheel on a waterwheel, slashing at the wall of magic. Then, the cracks in the wall deepened.

It was enough to win. Bashme seemed weaker than the Nekveta he had already defeated.

"Listen to me! You don't have to fight us. Bringing Lutea back to life is also our goal."

"What kind of bullshit is that?"

Even while saying that, Edulis didn't slow down his attack.

Bashme continued, "I'm going to use Lord Granadilla's power to revive Lutea's existence. Lord Granadilla wants to be a close sister to her."