Chapter 61

"What on earth is this all about?"

One of the people huddled around the wall exclaimed. He had read what was written on a piece of paper taped to the wall. The paper was stamped with the seal of the Fey family. A poster was attached to inform the people. The act of attaching a wall poster is permitted only to the lord.

"Isn't impersonating a lord a felony? Did anyone see who had the nerve to do this? Let's report it to the guards."

"I already did... It turns out, it was indeed posted by the Fey family."

"I saw it myself. The person who posted it here was certainly a servant of the Fey family."

"So this was written by Lady Kurzina? Are we to believe this content?"

The contents of the tablet were as follows.

- All people must know the following:

- Lutea does not rule this world; the wicked witch Granadilla does, in the guise of the divine.

- Ygraine is not the witch incarnate; she is Lutea incarnate, and she fought the witch to the death for us.

- Edulis is not a murderer. Edulis is...

A lengthy discussion ensued. The wallpaper detailed who he was and what he was doing.

"Edulis killed my relatives in Lunia! Why is Lady Kurzina defending a murderer?"

"Wasn't it Lady Kurzina who defeated the killer? This is...."

"I heard that the Lady is very ill and has been faintly conscious lately, so this poster must have been written in a delirious state, what a pity!"

Someone shouted over the commotion. "Instead of this, let's go to the office and ask! Whether it's true or false, they will tell us something, right?"

Hearing this, the people rushed to the government office. Their jaws dropped as soon as they got there.

"Why is a battalion from the Central Army here..."

There were dozens of soldiers in thick armor, wielding spears and swords. The one standing in front of them, the one with the medal on his chest, shouted.

"Hear, hear. Rumors are spreading rapidly throughout the Fey family's territory. Do not listen to them, but go about your daily business! Anyone who speaks of them, regardless of circumstance or reason, will be severely punished!"

The sound of the spear tapping the ground with its shaft was intimidating. As they left, the man with the medal on his chest looked back and said.

"The third platoon will remain here to calm the people, and all the rest will follow me to arrest the traitor, Kurzina Le Fay!"

***

"We're in a bind, my Lord. How are you going to handle this situation?"

Count Aldin's office, Karnak region.

A woman with an eye patch over her eyes stood behind the lord asked.

"Please be patient. We're doing the best we can on our estate."

Count Lamar Aldin, a thin man with a graying beard, shuddered from head to toe.

"What kind of disaster is this?

He had hoped that nothing would happen until he stepped down from his position, but why did this have to happen now? What had Kurzina Le Fey eaten that was so bad that she would write such a thing on the wall? All sorts of questions and complaints swirled in his mind.