Chapter 9

Tong Yao opens her eyes to see her lying in her bed in her room.

Lu Sicheng: "You're awake? How are you feeling?"

Tong Yao feels a searing pain in her knee. She asks, "What happened to me? My knee hurts."

Lu Sicheng says, "You fainted and fell down." Then he looks down to see blood on her knee. He says, "You must must have got hurt when you fell down. Wait here. I'll bring you a bandage."

He goes downstairs to bring the first aid kit which was placed above the refrigerator. He takes it back to her room.

He opens the box to take out a disinfectant along with a cotton ball. He carefully disinfects her wound. Then he covers the wound with a bandage.

Lu Sicheng scolds her, "Look, you just fainted. You're so sick now. I told you not to eat ice cream in winter season but you didn't listen to me."

Tong Yao couldn't respond but keep her mouth shut as he continued scolding her, "Now after a long vacation, when you had to finally start practicing, you're lying in your bed sick!"

Tong Yao's eyes begin to fill up with tears hearing his words as she realised her mistake. She bursts into tears saying, "I'm sorry.... brother Cheng. I should have.... listened to you.... Now I can do nothing but cry in my bed...."

Seeing her crying, Lu Sicheng felt that she somewhat felt guilty for not listening to him.

Meanwhile downstairs

Xiao Rui: "Where are Tong Yao and brother Cheng? I haven't seen them today."

God Ming: "Lu Sicheng came down in the morning to get some breakfast. He said that Tong Yao is still sick. So he made some porridge for her. He went upstairs to give it her but after that he didn't come back"

Xiao Rui: "Hmmm..... Lu Yue, go check on your brother. Check what he's doing"

Lu Yue gets up form his gaming chair and goes up stairs. First, he goes to Lu Sicheng's room to find it empty. Then, he realises that his brother must be in his girlfriend's room. He reaches to her room and slowly opens the door to see the couple hugging each other. He hears his brother saying, "Don't cry. It's ok... It's ok. I'm here... I'm here...." while patting her head.

He quietly closes the door so that he does not disturb them and goes back downstairs.

Back in Tong Yao's room

Tong Yao: "Brother Cheng, *sob* I feel like *sob* throwing up"

Lu Sicheng picks her up in his arms and takes her to the bathroom.

Tong Yao vomits everything she had eaten. Lu Sicheng just stood there, caressing her back.

Seeing her condition, he calls a doctor to check her up.

Then he tells Tong Yao, "I have called a doctor to check on you." as he picks her up and places her back onto the bed. Tong Yao just nods in agreement.

Lu Sicheng covers her with the blanket as she goes to sleep. He touches her forehead, just to feel that her fever had subsided.

The doctor reaches the base camp's door and knocks. Little fatty opens the door.

Doctor: "Hello. Are you Mr. Lu?"

Little fatty: "No. Miss, what do you want?"

Doctor: "I'm Dr. _____. Mr. Lu called me here to check on a patient"

Little fatty: "Oh, I see. Please come in."

After the doctor gets in the house, little fatty closes the door and shouts, "Brother Cheng! Did you call a doctor?"

Hearing his voice, Lu Sicheng comes out of Tong Yao's room and guides the doctor to her room.

Then he tells her, "Doctor, she has had a fever since yesterday. It only subsided a few minutes ago. And she was throwing up half an hour ago....."

Doctor: "Are there any other problems she has faced in the past few days?"

Lu Sicheng: "Yes, she said that she couldn't feel her body and she even fainted once....."

Doctor: "Is she pregnant?"

Lu Sicheng suddenly comes to realisation. She showed the signs of pregnancy. Then he says, "We haven't checked that yet. But we always used protection."

Doctor: "Even when you use protection, in 2% rare cases, pregnancy occurs. She shows the signs of pregnancy. It could be possible that she's pregnant. I will check it."

The doctor checks Tong Yao's condition in the room as Lu Sicheng stands outside the room, waiting for her check-up to get completed. His mind was completely filled with thoughts. He was worried that if she got pregnant, how would she play in the future? And she was too young to get pregnant. And they weren't even married yet.

She comes outside to see Lu Sicheng standing at the door, waiting for her.

Lu Sicheng asks, "Doctor, what has happened to her? Is she alright?"

Doctor: ........

*****

Ohhhhhh.... It's a cliffhanger..... What do you think has happened to Tong Yao? Is it just because of an ice cream or is she pregnant? Let's wait and see...... I'll update the next chapter today only....