Chapter 24

First, she looks at Jin Yang and then she looks down to see...... two lines..... on the pregnancy test.

"Congratulations, Yao Yao! You're pregnant!" shouts Jin Yang with excitement.

Tong Yao was still. Not moving at all. As still as a rock.

When Jin Yang sees Tong Yao's horrific face, she says, "Yao Yao?" as she waves her hand in front of Tong Yao's face.

Soon she notices that Tong Yao's were eyes beginning to moisten. Untill.....

"Ahuh, ahuh...." Tong Yao begins to cry. But this wasn't her normal cry. She'd usually cry silently without making any noise. This time she was making a loud noise. She was crying like a baby. It proved how deeply disheartened she was by the result of the pregnancy test.

Meanwhile downstairs

Little fatty: "Brother Cheng, missy is still not here. If she doesn't want to have lunch, can I finish her lunch?"

Lu Sicheng says, "No, she's with Jin Yang in her room upstairs. I'm going to call her." as he rises up from his seat and goes upstairs.

He was about to knock on her door when he hears loud crying noises coming from her room. He pushes the door open and rushes towards Tong Yao.

Seeing Lu Sicheng approaching her, she hides the pregnancy test behind her back and wipes her tears with the other hand.

Lu Sicheng asks in a worried voice, "What happened? Why are you crying? Are you alright?"

Tong Yao sobs as she says, "I'm not.... Crying...."

Lu Sicheng: "Baby, please don't lie to me. I heard you crying when I was outside the room. Tell me, why are you crying?"

Tong Yao's face was wet and her cheeks were swollen. Her expressions were straight and only showed worry.

Tong Yao: "Do you like to eavesdrop other's conversations?"

Lu Sicheng: "It's not like that. I came to call you for lunch.... Now tell me, what are you hiding behind your back?"

Tong Yao: "It's nothing."

Seeing that Tong Yao was not willing to tell Lu Sicheng, Jin Yang pulls out the pregnancy test from Tong Yao's hand and shows it to Lu sicheng as she says, "She's pregnant."

Tong Yao's eyes widen as she hears Jin Yang's words.

First Lu Sicheng stares at the pregnancy test stick with a confused and surprised look. But then his gaze moves towards Tong Yao's eyes. He gazes into her eyes as he says, "You're pregnant?"

Tong Yao simply nods her head, looking down.

Lu Sicheng's lips curl up into a smile as he pulls Tong Yao into a hug.

"You're finnally pregnant....." whispers Lu Sicheng in her ears.

Tong Yao pushes him away as she says, "What finnally?! Do you think I wanted to get pregnant?! Just to bear the pain and get hate from media?!"

Lu Sicheng: "That's not what I mean. Being pregnant isn't a bad thing. It's a good thing. You don't have cry about it....."

Tong Yao begins to cry as she says, "But what will people say about me?.... The media, my parents..... How will I explain this to everyone?!"

Lu Sicheng says, "Don't cry. Don't cry. It's gonna be alright. I'll make everything go smoothly, okay?" as he wipes off Tong Yao's tears.

Lu Sicheng: "Come here. Let me explain this to you."

Lu Sicheng takes Tong Yao to her bed and Jin Yang just follows behind.

Lu Sicheng comforts, "See, pregnancy is what every woman has to go through, whether today or tomorrow. If you're talking about media, then let me tell you it's gonna be alright. You can be on hiatus for a year and then come back when our child is 6 months old. About your parents, I can tell them. You don't have worry so much about it....."

Tong Yao sobs as she asks, "How can I leave my 6 months old child alone?"

Lu Sicheng: "No, I'm not asking you to leave him alone. But you can call a babysitter for him when you have to attend matches or interviews...."

Tong Yao was silent. A lot of things were processing up in her mind.

Lu Sicheng: "Tong Yao, you don't have to worry about it. We'll go through this together. Just like we pass through every difficult situation. Baby, I'm here. I'm with you. Believe me, everything's gonna be alright."

Tong Yao's eyes begin to fill up with tears as she pulls Lu Sicheng into a hug. "Bother Cheng!" she says. She was impressed by his words. He had truly made her believe that he'd make everything fine.

After hugging him for a while, Tong Yao pulls away from the hug.

Lu Sicheng smiles as he says, "Don't cry now. It's alright--"

Tong Yao breaks him off by kissing him. But this time the kiss was very passionate. They were kissing like if they hadn't kissed for years.

As Tong Yao breaks the kiss, a small smile appears on her face. First she gazes into Lu Sicheng's eyes but then she looks down to her belly. Her smile grows wider as she places her hands on her belly.

Lu Sicheng smiles as he places his right hand on her belly and his left arm around her shoulder. He looks down at her belly while Tong Yao places her head onto his shoulder as she closes her eyes.

"Congratulations, you both! You're soon going to be parents!" says Jin Yang who had been standing all the time, watching the couple, like if she was watching a drama.

"Thanks." whispers Lu Sicheng as he realises that Tong Yao was already asleep in his arms.

*****

So, Tong Yao is pregnant. How is going to announce this to her fans? And I think you guys must be aware of her fans reactions. You know, spreading hatred and all..... Btw, if you guys haven't watched 'My demon' (kdrama) yet, go and watch it now! It's amazing 🤩😍! But obviously not as good as falling into your smile.....✨💖⭐😉