Chapter 36

Sometime before

Lu Sicheng and Ai Jia are walking in the mall, trying to find Tong Yao and Jin Yang.

Lu Sicheng says to Ai Jia, "Congratulations bro. When is the wedding?"

Ai Jia: "Thanks..... You'll know the date soon.... By the way, the whole team ZGDX is invited to the wedding...."

Lu Sicheng pauses for a moment and then speaks, "How did you manage to propose so easily? What preparations did you make?"

Ai Jia looks at Lu Sicheng with stitched eyebrows. Then he asks, "What happened brother Cheng? Are you asking me to teach you how to propose to a girl?" with a silly smile on his face.

Lu Sicheng just simply nods his head.

Ai Jia: "Well..... You just need a place and a kind of setup you girl likes. And you must decorate the place well and dedicate it to her. Then you just speak out the true words coming out of your heart and impress her with your heart touching words..... I think it would be better if you ask my girlfriend...."

Lu Sicheng: "Why? Weren't you the one who proposed?"

Ai Jia: "I mean Jin Yang is Tong Yao's best friend. She knows her better than anyone. If she helps you prepare the surprise, it would definitely work."

Lu Sicheng: "But since she's Tong Yao's best friend, won't she tell her about the surprise?"

Ai Jia: "Don't worry, I'll manage it. She won't know."

Lu Sicheng just smiles at Ai Jia knowing that he and Jin Yang would definitely help him.

Then Ai Jia turns his head to see two female figures in a corner. He soon recognises that they were none other than the two people they had been looking for in the whole mall.

Ai Jia says, "See, they're there." as he points to Jin Yang and Tong Yao chatting in a corner.

Lu Sicheng: "Finally, the hide and seek is over!"

Ai Jia shouts, "There you are! Both of you!"

Lu Sicheng says, "We literally searched the whole mall but couldn't find you anywhere. And you both are talking, hiding here in a corner." as they approach Jin Yang and Tong Yao.

Then they all go to the food court to have dinner together.

After having dinner, they all bid their goodbyes. Lu Sicheng and Tong Yao return to the ZGDX base and Jin Yang and Ai Jia go back to their house.

At Jin Yang's house

Jin Yang and Ai Jia are talking, sitting on the bed.

Jin Yang: "Babe, what were you talking to brother Cheng about?"

Ai Jia: "Brother Cheng has told me to keep this a secret. So first promise me that you won't tell anyone."

Jin Yang: "Huh?..... Fine, I won't tell anyone."

Ai Jia: "Brother Cheng has decided to propose to Smili--"

Jin Yang interrupts, "Oh my goodness! I knew it! Yao Yao said that she has a feeling about it....."

Ai Jia: "She knows?"

Jin Yang: "She said that she feels like so...."

Ai Jia: "Oh.... Well.... Brother Cheng has asked for your help in preparing the surprise for her. You're Smiling's best friend. You know her very well. So...."

Jin Yang: "Yeah sure, I'll contact him....."

Ai Jia: "..... And make sure that Tong Yao gets no clue to it."

Jin Yang: "I know. Don't remind me again and again."

Ai Jia says, "Okay. But don't make me remind you that you have something else to do tonight...." as he pushes Jin Yang on the bed and pins her arms at the top.

Jin Yang replies, "I don't need you remind me about it...." as she kisses Ai Jia and wraps her arms around his neck.

We all know what happened after that......

The next morning

In Tong Yao's room at ZGDX base

Lu Sicheng wakes up to see Tong Yao still asleep, lying in his arms. He stares at her sleepy face. 'Awwwwww, she looks so cute while sleeping.....' he thinks to himself.

"Brother Cheng....." Tong Yao mumbles in her sleep.

Lu Sicheng just smiles at his girlfriend realising that she was dreaming about him.

He tugs her with the blanket and kisses her forehead before leaving her alone in the room.

Lu Sicheng was walking down the stairs when he suddenly gets a call on his phone.

He picks up the call and says, "Hello? Who's this?"

"Hi. Brother Cheng, this is Jin Yang."

Lu Sicheng: "Oh, hi....."

Jin Yang: "Let's get straight to the point..... Uhh.... Have you bought the ring?"

Lu Sicheng: "Yes, that's done. I wanted to ask about what would Tong Yao like in the arrangement....."

Jin Yang and Lu Sicheng together talk and prepare for Tong Yao's surprise proposal. They decide the location, the decorations and the type of proposal.

Tong Yao wakes up when she feels that Lu Sicheng wasn't beside her. She gets up from her bed and tries to find Lu Sicheng in the room. When she couldn't find him in the room, she opens the door of the room and goes downstairs.

Tong Yao suddenly feels a pair of arms wrap around her waist.

Lu Sicheng places his head on Tong Yao's shoulder as he says, "You're awake, my cutie...."

*****

Phewwww.... It's done ✅.... I'm planning for the proposal scene. It's gonna be romantic 😍❤️✨..... I still have a long way to write. See you guys soon 😁!