Chapter 46

The next day

The team started thier individual live streams as usual. They also had to complete their livestream hours since it was almost the end of month.

As soon as Lu Sicheng started his livestream, questions about his and Smiling's engagement begin to pop up on his screen.

[Congratulations to Chessman and Smiling!]

[Brother Cheng, are you and Smiling really engaged?!]

[I can't believe you and Smiling are engaged!]

[Please don't leave me, my hubby]

Lu Sicheng eyes the comments on his screen and realises that it was the time to explain his crazy fans. He says, "Thanks..... Yeah, it's true!..... You can't believe it? Then see it yourself."

"What are you doing?!" Tong Yao says as Lu Sicheng raises her hand from her mouse and brings it towards the camera to show the ring on her hand.

"Even I can't believe it! Believe it or not, the time has come now. We've been dating for a year or so...." he continues.

[Oh, such a pretty ring!]

[I also want that ring!! *cries*]

At night

The door of Tong Yao's room opened and Lu Sicheng silently entered the room, only to find Tong Yao sleeping with her phone in her hands.

Lu Sicheng quickly closes the door and takes the phone from her hand. Then he notices the page opened in her phone. He notices all the searches made by her. They were all about wedding preparations.

He looked down at her and smiled. He places the phone on the bedside table and takes a place beside Tong Yao on the bed.

He pulls her to him and places his arms around her to hug her tightly. Then he places a kiss on her forehead.

Tong Yao suddenly wakes up by the kiss and turns around to hug Lu Sicheng back and snuggles her head into his chest.

They both peacefully sleep the night in each other's embrace.

A few days later

Everyone was sitting in their gaming chairs, practicing.

It was another usual day until...... A knock was heard on ZGDX's door.

Lu Sicheng opens the door to see one of his childhood friends at the door.

*New character*
Name: Sha Xuan
Gender: male
Lu Sicheng's old childhood friend

*****

Sha Xuan quickly hugs Lu Sicheng saying, "Hi, Cheng. Long time no see, huh? You've changed so much...."

Lu Sicheng hugs him back and says, "Xuan, it's been a long time since we last met. It feels so good to see you again..... Come on, come inside. Let's sit and have a talk."

Lu Sicheng takes him inside the base and they both get seated on the couch.

Lu Sicheng: "So how's it going? Everything good?"

Sha Xuan: "Yeah.... Everything seems to be fine.... You know my company has become your company's business partner."

Lu Sicheng: "Oh, that's great."

Sha Xuan: "I heard about you being a pro gamer. You even won the world championship, didn't you? Congratulations bro."

Lu Sicheng: "Thanks...."

Sha Xuan: "So when are you planning to join the company?"

Lu Sicheng: "After I retire from eSports. It might take me a few years....."

Sha Xuan: "You know, I've been seeing you a lot on the internet. Weibo says that you're even getting married."

Lu Sicheng: "Yeah, I feel like it's the right time to get married....."

Sha Xuan: "Wow. You had a girlfriend and you're even getting married and you never told me about it. I'm not gonna forgive you for this...... By the way, who are you marrying? Can I meet her? I also want to see which girl could melt the heart of the stone hearted captain of ZGDX."

Lu Sicheng says, "Come here....." as he gets from the couch and begins to walk towards the gaming tables.

He takes him to Tong Yao, who was sitting on her gaming chair.

Tong Yao turns her head and looks at both of them in confusion.

Lu Sicheng: "Yao Yao, meet Sha Xuan. He's my childhood friend.... And Xuan, this is Tong Yao, my fianceé....."

Tong Yao says, "Hi." as her face lights up into a bright smile.

Sha Xuan: "Hi...."

Sha Xuan turns to Lu Sicheng and says, "So you're marrying someone who's just like you, a gamer. Nice. I forgive for not telling about everything since you've chosen someone just like you...."

Lu Sicheng just smiles to him as a reply to his comment.

Lu Sicheng shows Sha Xuan around their base and makes him meet his other teammates. They talk and enjoy sometime together before Sha Xuan finally leaves for his flight to Shanghai.

The day went by pretty normally after that.

By this, the month of March ends.

It was time to do wedding preparations. The wedding's in the month of May. Tong Yao and Lu Sicheng still have one month to prepare for their grand wedding.

*****

Hi, everyone. I'm back 🤠! Although updates still remain slow due to my studies. I'll update every 2-3 days......I know it's a pretty boring chapter. That's because I'm having a huge lack of ideas. I don't know what to right. You all help me with some ideas, so I can write further. Please 🥺...... Please 🥺 vote!