Chapter 29

All the members were patiently watching Lu Sicheng's live MVP interview on the television screen in the OPL room of ZGDX.

[Lu Sicheng: "Rose was just showing off. You all can watch Smiling's next performance, when she defeats Rose herself..... I and Smiling are together and no one can break us apart, no matter how hard one tries to. I love her and she loves me. And now that Smiling's pregnant, nothing can seperate us.....]

The audience in the TV gasps just as the members of ZGDX in the OPL room.

"YOU'RE PREGNANT?!" shouts Xiao Rui in shock as he stares at Tong Yao with his eyes wide open.

Lu Yue: "Does that mean I'm going have a nephew soon?"

Little fatty shouts with excitement, "We're going to be uncles soon...."

Xiao Rui turns to face fatty as he says, "Why are you all so happy?! It's not a good thing. How are we going to manage the team?! How will we explain this to the fans?! And Tong Yao, don't you know the way your career will get affected?!--"

Lu Sicheng says, "Calm down, Xiao Rui. Stop freaking out!" as he enters the room.

Xiao Rui: "You!... What did you do?! Didn't I tell you to use protection?!"

Lu Sicheng: "Well, we did use it...."

Xiao Rui: "Do you have any idea about what you have done?! Tong Yao's career just started and now you've pushed her into such a messy situation. What will she do now? And how will we explain this to the fans?"

Lu Sicheng: "See, it was a mistake..... But one day she has to get pregnant, whether today or tomorrow. And now that it's done, we can't change it. So there's no use crying over spilt milk...."

Xiao Rui: "I know.... I'll have to see to it. I'll contact the company and see how to adress the situation.... Let's go back to the base...."

Lao K: "Congratulations, Brother Cheng and Tong Yao...."

Lu Sicheng replies, "Thanks..." while Tong Yao just keeps to mouth shut.

Lu Yue: "So, you mean I'm soon to have a sister-in-law and a nephew?"

Lu Sicheng smiles as he says, "Of course."

After reaching the base camp

"Okay, okay, I'll inform them...." says Xiao Rui as he cuts the phone call.

"Okay, so Brother Cheng and Tong Yao...." says Xiao Rui, getting their attention, "You both have to come to the main building of the company tomorrow to discuss what to do."

Lu Sicheng: "Fine."

Tong Yao still wasn't speaking. A lot of things were moving in her brain. Yet she didn't know how to react.

Tong Yao suddenly feels a pair of arms wrap around her stomach from behind. She turns around to see that it was Lu Sicheng.

He smiles at her as he asks, "What's the matter? Why are you so silent today?"

Tong Yao: "Hmm.... I don't know..... Brother Cheng, will my pregnancy really change my career? How will manage my eSports career, being a mother? Either I won't be a good mom or I won't be a good eSports player....."

Lu Sicheng: "I know it will be difficult to manage kids and career at the same time. But don't worry. I'm here with you. I'll always support you..... And you'll be a good mother as well as a good player, I promise."

Tong Yao couldn't help but smile at his words. Everytime Lu Sicheng said something related to her or their future kids, his words always touched her heart.

The next morning

Tong Yao's eyes open with Lu Sicheng's voice ringing in her ears.

"Wake up, Yao Yao. It's morning."

Tong Yao closes her eyes again as she turns around and mumbles, "Why are you waking me up so early?"

Lu Sicheng replies, "We have an appointment for today's morning. I booked an appointment for your ultrasound."

Tong Yao suddenly sits up on the bed and asks, "What?! An ultrasound? Today? Why didn't you inform me beforehand?"

Lu Sicheng: "I just booked it yesterday.... Now get up and get ready. We're leaving soon for the hospital."

Tong Yao lays back down in her bed as she says, "I'm sleepy right now. You shift the appointment to afternoon."

Lu Sicheng: "I can't. We have been called to the company in the afternoon."

Having no choice left, Tong Yao gets from the bed and walks straight to the bathroom.

Both Tong Yao and Lu Sicheng get ready and get into the car. Both of them wear a mask, so that they don't get caught by their fans.

After reaching the hospital, both of them get seated and wait for their turn.

Tong Yao: "Brother Cheng, I'm nervous."

Lu Sicheng: "Don't worry. It'll be alright."

Then suddenly a nurse calls out, "Miss Tong Yao! It's your turn."

Tong Yao says, "I'm coming, coming." as she gets up form her seat and walks to the chamber of the doctor along with Lu Sicheng.

Doctor: "Hello, miss Tong. So you're 23 years old. You're here for your.... Ultrasound...."

Tong Yao: "Hello, doctor."

Doctor: "Shall we start with the ultrasound?"

Tong Yao: "...yes..."

Doctor says, "Here, drink some water...." as she hands over a glass of water to Tong Yao.

Tong Yao: "Thank you...."

Tong Yao drinks the water and lays down on the bed for her ultrasound while Lu Sicheng simply stands beside the bed.

The doctor lifts up Tong Yao's top and applies some gel on her tummy. Then she places the handle of the machine on her abdomen as the monitor begins to display the ultrasound.

The doctor looks at the monitor as she spouts, "What the hell!.....

*****

Hi, guys. As I have told you guys, my phone has got confiscated by my parents and it might take me some time to get it back. As I said, the updates will be a little irregular as now I have to hide and write using laptop. I hope you all understand....