Chapter 40

Lu Sicheng: "Tong Yao, will you marry me?"

Tong Yao was speechless. She didn't know what to say. And she knew that even if she tries to speak, her mouth won't be able to speak a single word properly.

Suddenly she starts singing one of her favourite songs. Since she couldn't find the correct words to reply to Lu Sicheng, she finds that this song had good words for the reply.

(The song's name is - 'Stupid in love' by Max and Huh Yunjin. The song's lyric video is at the top.)

♫♪
Hi, you came,
Babe, I've been waiting for you all day,
So lean my way, my way,
And let me just take away all the pain
I know it's a bit soon for vows,
Paper rings are good for now,
But know, I'm already down the aisle,
'Cause I'm so stupid in love
♫♪

The whole crowd had a pin drop silence. The only sound that could be heard was Tong Yao's voice. Yet there was no music. It was an acapella. Her beautiful, yet a little scared, voice was lingering in everyone's ears. It was truly an emotional moment.

♫♪
Let's get married in Vegas,
We don't need guest list,
I don't wanna think too much
Let's get matching tattoos,
I don't wanna think it through,
Baby, I'm so stupid in love
♫♪

♫♪
Book a flight to Paris only one way,
What'd you think about sharing our last name?
Let's get straight to "I do",
I don't wanna think it through,
Baby, I'm so stupid in love,
So stupid in love with youuuuu......
♫♪

And the last paragraph determined it all. It straightaway said 'I do'. And then it lastly told how madly (stupidly) Tong Yao was in love with Lu Sicheng.

Everyone had already understood what Tong Yao meant by the song.

And finally the answer came out of her mouth, "Yes, I will....."

Lu Sicheng's lips curl up into a wide smile and he quickly takes the ring out of the box and places it on Tong Yao's ring finger.

Then he hugs Tong Yao tightly as tears drip out of Tong Yao's eyes. She raises up her hand to look at the shiny ring which perfectly suited her hand.

Happiness spreads among the people surrounding them. A smile could be seen on everyone's faces. Yet, Tong Yao's mom was crying.

Lu Sicheng breaks the hug and kisses Tong Yao. The whole crowd cheers for them, the couple of the night, ZGDX's double C.

They were kissing as if they had not realised they were surrounded by a lot of people.

Then they break the kiss and finally shift their eyes from each other to the public standing there to congratulate them.

Then everyone congratulates them and everyone mingles with each other while having dinner.

Mrs. Tong: "Wait..... Mrs. Lu? Are you only the owner of the Lu family?"

Mrs. Lu: "Yeah, you're right....."

Mrs. Tong: "Ohhhh..... It's so nice to meet you....."

Mrs. Lu: "By the way, Mrs. Tong, what do you do for a living?"

Mrs. Tong: "Oh, I'm just a house wife. My husband works at a company...."

Mrs. Lu: "It must be so relaxing to live such a normal life.... In our lives, we don't have any specific work schedule, which means that many a times we also work till 4 am in the morning....."

Mrs. Tong: "I can understand..... Nowadays it's very hard to be an entrepreneur..... And that too of such a big company....."

Meanwhile between the ZGDX team members

Lu Yue: "Congratulations, my dear 'sister-in-law'!"

Tong Yao replies back, "Thanks.... 'brother-in-law'....." Her lips curl into a smile as she utters the term 'brother-in-law'.

Little fatty says, "Your speech has made me.... So.... So.... Emotional..... That I want to..... cry right now....." in a shrill voice like if he was just about to cry.

Lu Sicheng says, "Hold it in, fatty. Happy moments are meant for smiles, not for tears....." as he looks at Tong Yao and smiles at her.

Lao K: "Smiling earlier used be our sister. Now she's our 'sister-in-law'."

Lu Sicheng replies, "She's you all's 'sister-in-law'. For me, she's my fianceé..... My soon-to-be wife." as he looks at Tong Yao happily.

Tong Yao simply smiles back to him although she had realised that a hard blush was creeping over her face.

The long day ends with everyone tired. After everyone went back to their respective homes, Tong Yao and Lu Sicheng were alone in the house.

After cleaning up the mess created by the party, Lu Sicheng realises that his fianceé was already asleep on the sofa.

It was already 11 pm and didn't want wake her up since she was very tired. He picks her up in his arms in a bridal style and quickly takes her to the bedroom.

He lays her down on the bed and covers her with a blanket.

As soon as Lu Sicheng was about to leave, Tong Yao raises her hands up in the air and says, "Brother Cheng, don't go. Stay with me."

Lu Sicheng puts her hands down on the bed and says, "I'm not going anywhere. I'll be with you for the rest of my life."

Tong Yao just smiles and before Lu Sicheng could say anything else, she pulls him into a kiss.

And you all know what happened that night......

*****

Finally, 40 chapters of my work! Although, there's still a lot left to write. More romantic chapters are coming soon! So don't forget to be excited! See you soon 😉😊💖✨.......