Chapter 17

It was night time when Lu Sicheng and Tong Yao returned home. They walked inside the base camp past the entrance to find no-one there.

Tong Yao: "Brother Cheng, what did you mean by 'we're not there yet' "?

Lu Sicheng: "....what are you trying to ask?"

Tong Yao: "When aunty asked you about when we were getting married, why did you say that we're not there yet?"

Lu Sicheng: "I think it's not yet the right time to get married......"

Tong Yao: "I'm not asking you to marry me right now. But why did you say that? Do you not trust our relationship?"

Lu Sicheng: "It's not like that..... It's just that..... It's not the right time....."

Tong Yao: "You don't believe me. Nor do you believe in our relationship. Do you still think that we are not capable of each other?"

Lu Sicheng gets angry at this and says, "What are you saying?! When did I say so! We are capable of each other! But we need some time for everything!"

Tong Yao: "We need time?! We still need time just to decide if we can be with each other?! Lu Sicheng, think before you say!"

Lu Sicheng: "I can say whatever I want. And if want to fight with me, I don't have time to talk about all of this!"

Tong Yao: "I'm fighting with you?! I was just asking! You were the one who began to shout!"

Lu Sicheng says, "Whatever!" as he walks away into his room, leaving a standing Tong Yao alone in the hallway.

Tears begin to drip down Tong Yao's eyes as she silently walks back to her room.

She sits up on the bed, hugging her knees with her arms as she cries. She had not expected this to happen. She thought Lu Sicheng would give her a clear answer. But she ended up quarrelling with him. She didn't do anything wrong, did she? So why does she have to suffer for this?

That night, she slept crying in her bed.

The next morning

Tong Yao's phone rings with a phone call.

She places her hand on the beside table searching for the phone while her eyes were still closed.

She finnally finds it. She picks up the phone call.

Tong Yao: "Hello?"

Jin Yang: "Hello? Yao Yao, you there? Where's your face? Why are you showing me the ceiling?"

Tong Yao opens her her eyes and looks down at her phone, only to realise that it was a video call. She quickly brings the phone close to her face.

Jin Yang: "My God! Look at your face! Why do you look so exhausted? Did the company go wrong on you? Did you stay up the whole night, practicing?"

Tong Yao finnally responds, "Aiya, Jin Yang. Stop it. Nothing has happened. I just woke up."

Jin Yang: "Okay, just get out of bed now. It's already 11:00 am. Tell me if need something."

Tong Yao: "Okay, bye."

Jin Yang: "Wait-"

Tong Yao ends the call and then scrolls through her phone.

She opens WeChat to see several messages for Mrs. Lu. She pressed the call button on her ID.

Mrs. Lu quickly picks up the call.

Mrs. Lu: "Hello?"

Tong Yao: "Hello? Good morning, aunty!"

Mrs. Lu: "Morning, Yao Yao. I wanted to take you to shopping since you guys are free today."

Tong Yao: ...

Mrs. Lu; ".....oh, do you any other plans? I'm sorry if I disturbed yo-"

Tong Yao interrupts, "No problem, aunty! I will go with you. I already didn't have any plans for today."

Mrs. Lu: "Good. Get ready, I'll come to pick you up."

Tong Yao: "Hmm. Bye."

Mrs. Lu: "Bye, dear."

Tong Yao gets up from the bed and reaches the bathroom only to see herself looking like a ghost in the mirror. There ware dark circles under her eyes and her face was looking exhausted.

She gets ready and puts some makeup on.

She sits in her room untill she recieves a call from Mrs. Lu.

Mrs. Lu: "Are you ready? I am waiting for you downstairs."

Tong Yao replies, "Oh, I'm coming. I'm coming." as she ends the phone call and walks down the stairs.

She walks slowly so that no one catches her going out. Fortunately, no one sees her, except.....

"Tong Yao, You're going out?"

Tong Yao turns around to see that it was Xiao Rui. She just quietly nods her head and runs to the entrance of the base camp. She quickly goes outside to see Mrs. Lu's car waiting for her.

Seeing her there, Mrs. Lu opens the gate of the car and welcomes her in.

Tong Yao: "Morning, aunty."

Mrs. Lu: "What happened to your face? You look tired."

Tong Yao: "Oh.... It's probably because I wasn't able to sleep well last night...."

Mrs. Lu: "You could have told me. I could have come a little later....."

Tong Yao: "Aunty, it's fine. Now it has become my habit. And you are not free everyday. I didn't want to lose this opportunity with you."

Mrs. Lu: "Have you eaten?"

Tong Yao shook her as a no.

Mrs. Lu: "Driver, take us to xxxx mall."

Driver: "Sure, ma'am."

*****

Sorry for the late update..... Actually I slept early at night, that's why I couldn't complete this chapter.... So I woke up at 6 am in the morning just to complete this chapter...... What do you think Lu Sicheng would do to get Tong Yao's forgiveness, in the next chapter?.... Let's see!