Main Au: Grumpy

The broad bedroom imbibed the early morning dawn seeping through its windows, casting faint glows across the walls circumambient to it. It was awe-inspiring to the eye, the swirls and looped designs dancing with the sun rising. However, who wasn't to say there wasn't a gorgeous scene outside as well?

It was a casual winter wonderland, blurry snowflakes warming up the brittle and brisk weather. The sultry rays of sunshine didn't do much to help exude the coldness though as Vincent could feel the air seep into the bedroom and chill it to the bone. Subtle goosebumps ran up his bare veiny arms, his muscles tensing when another swoop of gelid wind flicked through the house.

Vincent took one last glance out the window and paced over to his closet, replacing his sweatshirt with a sweater; to keep him a bit more cozy. The weather app wasn't kidding when it said the temperature would curtail down to the thirties. Perhaps, he should go set up the fireplace later so the kids wouldn't freeze half to death. But for now he decided to lounge and wait until his husband awoke.

Vincent was quite used to it, William was always a heavy sleeper, usually waking up at twelve in the morning. And he couldn't forget how grumpy William could be if he woke up any earlier than that. It was amusing, honestly.

He watched William's chest softly arise, then fall with each passing slumbery breath; his eyes twitching yet closed, probably in a sweet dream. Vincent couldn't deny that the urge to wake him up was heavy, he was missing that mumbling voice and those lavender eyes already.

Vincent plastered a loving smile before approaching his sleeping husband, edging their faces closer, his eyes becoming half lidded as he sensed William's gentle breath mingling with his. He pressed their lips together briefly, running fingers through William's black ombre strands. Vincent remained deep in the kiss for a moment longer before easing his lips towards his husband's ear, whispering in amusement, "Cupcake, it's time to wake up, you've been asleep for hours now."

Vincent lifted his head back up to watch William's reaction, stifling a chuckle when the man below him mumbled something incoherent with a groan. He could discern a vague hint of lavender coming from the man's face, belonging to his eyes. His eyelids unfurled slightly, catching Vincent's handsome face in the bright of the bedroom.

William was about to reply hesitantly but he stifled his lips and put a pillow over his head, wrapping it around his ears as he moaned in annoyance. His body still felt sore with sleep, and the last thing he wanted to do was sit up and talk.

He heard Vincent let out a small sigh, "Really, cupcake? It's been thirteen hours. I'm pretty sure that's more than enough sleep." Vincent leaned over and shook his shoulder gently.

William grumbled, "You just want attention.." He peered out from a little edge in the pillow to stare at Vincent's pouting expression, his brow furrowed and his lips pursed in a needy frown.

Vincent crossed his arms, "So?" He scootched a little closer and hovered over William, taking the pillow off his face. "Come on, I'll make breakfast this time, I promise."

William rolled his eyes and reached over for the other pillow, however Vincent swatted his hand away. "Please? I can give you extra kisses?" He murmured in a more softer tone.

"Boring." William spat, plopping his head back down onto the covers.

"You can't sleep all day," Vincent complained, "Stop being such a mood killer." His voice carried on as he spooned William from behind, "Please, please, please? We can take a nice warm bath together..??"

William only glared. "No. I want to sleep," he stated plainly.

Vincent sighed in mock disappointment and shook his head in dis-approvement, "Fine, sleeping beauty," he teased, planting a kiss on the back of William's head. "I'll just go set up the bath myself!"

"And lay in it yourself." William added with a mischievous smirk, feeling his husband's muscular arms give him a hard squeeze.

Vincent smiled fondly, a playful glint in his emerald eyes. "What about food? You can't ignore your hunger forever my peanuttt~" He kissed William's cheek this time before standing up and getting off the bed. "Now, get up!"

"I'm not hungry either, I'm still tired." He replied with a grunt, pulling the white sheets over him.

"Awee, too tired for kisses? And food? And a nice bath? Cheer up, mi amor'." Vincent climbed back on top of William, entwining their bodies and plopping his weight down onto him teasingly.

William gasped and his breath hitched, grabbing onto Vincent's shoulders. "Get off me you heavy dummy.." His expression turned humorless as Vincent winked at him.

"You're just a shortie." Vincent shrugged nonchalantly, tugging his husband's cheek in amusement. William responded with a growl and arched his back, trying to push Vincent off of him. However, he did not succeed.

Vincent laughed at his failed attempts and his slurred curses, pinching the man's nape. "Such a grumpy cupcake." William started to pull his hair, "Oooh, very ang'yy cupcake."

He giggled a bit more at William's actions before kissing one of his hands, pinning his wrists down. "Seriously this time, darlin'. A calming bath will make you less tired." He assured, lifting his husband into his large arms, carrying the upset man to the bathroom.

William reluctantly accepted his fate.