Vampire Au: Third Session

"Wow, you know usually my patients don't stay for this long! A third session is surprising, but then again it's not like you've really told me anything..." The familiar voice of his therapist began to ramble when he stepped into the cozy room.

Vincent scratched the back of his neck, "Aha.. uhm I guess?" He smiled awkwardly. He didn't bother to waste time and immediately took a seat, staring into the fellow' man's amber eyes who was busy getting his files out and ready.

"So, how has your week been so far?" William gave a sweet smile while typing information into the laptop.

Vincent cocked his head slightly, "It was.. irritating." He ended his sentence with a nervous cough.

William squinted his eyes at the electronics' screen before turning to him, "Are you comfortable with telling me why, Mr. Clementine?"

".. My parents, I suppose." Vincent responded with a half shrug.

"Mhm, what did they do this time?" He confidently replied, shutting the laptop's screen off.

Vincent bit his lip at the question, he certainly couldn't tell a human they had cut his blood source off, so his mind frantically pondered for an unrelated issue to complain about. "Ah-, uhm, they keep forcing me to try to marry someone as early as last month. But as you know, they always deny everyone I chose."

William slowly nodded, keeping back from calling his client's parents 'idiots'. "I see, but I don't understand why you can't simply shut yourself off from your parents, it would.. improve your life, Vincent. Are they a threat of any sort?" His hand suggestively leaned over to grasp Vincent's palm between his.

Shit, another thing he had to make a lie for.

"It's complicated," he simply muttered, hiding the sudden flush on his cheeks whilst William stroked the back of his hand.

"Then I won't prod on it any further." William sighed, pulling his hand from Vincent's. "How.. about sleep? Are you getting enough?" He changed the subject, wincing at the black eyebags on Vincent's face.

"I'm a night owl.. I sleep during the daytime, usually." Vincent's gaze traveled from that pretty face in front of him down to his own kneecaps, taking in a soothing inhale.

William nodded, "You still have eyebags." He retorted.

Vincent quickly pressed his fingers against it, looking away embarrassedly as he felt the different texture from the rest of his rough skin. "I've just been busy with work, I swore to myself I'd catch up on sleep."

"Set up a schedule on your phone?" The therapist gave his small advice, "It's simple and quick, and it'll help if you're attentive to it. That way you can go to your job and do even better, instead of being exhausted and drowsy, and do a shit ethic." He added on, relaxing in his arm chair as he crossed his leg over the other.

"Hm, alright." Vincent pondered thoughtfully before standing up. "Though, I think I'll take my leave here. In fact, speaking of work, I do have a meeting in an hour so I must go." He gulped nervously, hoping his therapist would understand.

To his reassurance, William gave a beam. "Of course, of course. Good luck and drive safe, handsome."

Vincent paused at the door, forcing himself not to snap back a glance at the man. He felt his face heat up at the small pet name, but he quickly re-postured himself and closed the door. Maybe it wasn't a flirt, instead a small compliment to make him feel better.