Furry Au: Fibber

As soon as Vincent stepped inside, the familiar scent of fresh linen filled his nose. He loved the way the rabbit's house smelled, it reflected how the rabbit himself smelled.

Of course, as he suspected, he found him busy in the kitchen cooking. The rabbit hadn't seemed to notice him yet so he approached cautiously, tapping his shoulders in a non surprising manner. "I got you some treats." He smiled widely while his tail wagged behind him.

William still let out a squeak at the abrupt voice, immediately relaxing when he realized who it was. "Oh, hey Vince." He muttered under his breath, barely audible.

The owner of the name was taken aback, "What's wrong? You sound down." He questioned, pulling some of the treats he mentioned from a farmer's market bag, revealing strawberries, melons, and other sweet fruits. "Here, it'll help you feel better." Vincent slid the packet of blueberries across the kitchen counter.

William simply stiffened up though, "Nothing, it's fine. Put them in the fridge for me, I'll eat them later."

Vincent's brow furrowed at his tone of voice but he agreed without further question, opening the fridge door to put them in. Doing so, his mind pondered through all sorts of possibilities as to why William could be acting like this. Until it settled on one thing, yesterday night. He had somehow forgotten even though he was pacing around his room in excitement and obsession this morning. They had kissed, maybe he was too in the moment from comforting William, but he did it, and William didn't pull away. So, why was William acting like this now? Had he secretly disliked it?

"Hey uhm," Vincent inhaled deeply, "Could we talk about last night?"

William stopped turning the spatula, ".. What happened last night?" He questioned with an innocent tone.

The taller man flinched, "What do you mean? How don't you remember?" He frowned, prodding William's leaner shoulders with his hands.

"Because nothing happened last night?" He repeated, going back to stirring the pot of soup while edging away from Vincent.

Vincent took a step closer, "Why are you acting like this all of a sudden?" He frowned, "Was it really that bad?"

William frowned, "I really don't remember anything, Vince. Now, can you get some spices out of the side cabinet for me? It'll say herbs and garlic." He spoke more calmly now, eyeing the wolf out of the corner of his eye.

Vincent shot him a glare but nodded, recounting what even happened that night. They had kissed, how could he possibly forget that? Maybe he was lying to get it out of the way. Was it really that terrible though? The thoughts twisted his mind, and he turned his head back to study William's actions more closely. No, he didn't usually act like this. He must've lied. "So," Vincent began, "You don't remember me being there last night.." He took a few steps closer, abandoning the task of finding the spice. "The way I held you," He continued, watching as William's eyes widened. "The way I touched you." He murmured, pulling the confused rabbit into his arms.

"Vincent- stop. We're just.. friends. Whatever happened last night wasn't important nor did it mean anything to me. Now, if you excuse me, I need to go pick up the kids." William snapped, pushing past him to leave out the front door without another glance at his distraught face.

He really did fuck up this time.