Genderbend Au: Exciting

Violetta wringed the pastry bag tightly between her fingers, escorting it around the baked piece of dough to make a sharp frosting ripple. It was the last cupcake she had to do and she felt alleviated. It had been minutes, or perhaps hours (?) that she had been preparing a whole meal as relatives were coming over; plus four kids and a wife at home.

With that, it was ready to be served. Yet, they wouldn't be here for another thirty minutes, so Violetta decided to put the cupcakes in the freezer along with the baked frozen goods. Okay, now it was all ready to be served.

She took a deep inhale and stepped away from kitchen counters, planning to lounge for a little while until they arrived. Her legs felt sore from standing all day anyway. Violetta turned her head around and was about to roam over to the sofa, but the sudden appearance of her wife startled her. "Lovebug? What's up?"

Wisteria smothered a content grin on her face, "Are you excited?" She queried randomly.

"Ah-, our family?" Violetta questioned back, drawing nearer before wrapping her arms around her wife's waist. "Why ask?"

"No, no, not that.." Wisteria frowned at her, putting her hands behind Violetta's neck. "I meant our reservation tonight, Haven Grille, super fancy place." Her smile returned, "I told you this morning but I think you were too much of a grouchy and panicking mess to hear what I said."

"Oh? My bad then, lovebug." Violetta let out a soft chuckle, dipping over to kiss the other woman's nose. "Sounds fun though, I'm guessing it's a grill?"

"Nope, seafood. I know, I know, you hate seafood. But it also has Korean food, some of the options could be what our mom used to cook us?" Wisteria kissed her cheek in return. (My Vincent/Violetta is Korean and Russian :3)

Violetta gave a half shrug, "As long as you enjoy it." She assured her with a nod.

Wisteria gave a small sigh, "You're such a people pleaser, gosh." The woman replied with a half-joking scoff, "I can always cancel it, love." She muttered, raising an eyebrow as she got confused between what her wife was conveying; dry words but a hint of amusement in Violetta's eyes.

"It's just food, honestly, I don't mind." Violetta replied, stroking her wife's back in small circular motions.

Wisteria gave a reluctant nod and drew away from her, "I'll go get the kids for dinner then." She stated, kissing Violetta one more time before padding off.

Violetta let out a small snicker while leaning against the counter, assuring herself. No matter what they ate, or where they went tonight, the drunk hours after it would be way more exciting.