Hell/Heaven Au: Fleet

“Hurry up! We have a train to catch!” William yelled down the vast valley, pausing to catch his breath.

Vincent sauntered up the hill to meet William next to the train tracks, “So, we just follow this and it'll take us to the station? How long will it take?” He questioned.

William shrugged, “It could take us either minutes, hours, and even days. At least we'll get there though. We've walked from Bridgington all the way to the falls, we can handle a couple of train tracks.” He added on, wasting no time hopping on and strolling across the ladders of metal.

Vincent agreed with a nod but bit his bottom lip reluctantly, “Hopefully we get there before the plague does..”

“The station is up on a mountain, you know? Look at the train tracks, they bend up already. We must already be close.” William replied.

Vincent stared into the distance because of his words, their shoulders touching generously. “But.. I don't see any mountains??”

“..The forest is blocking it, look how the trees are building up beside us.” William pointed to each individual trunk as they began to form into a huge mass the farther they walked forth.

“.. You've been there before?” Vincent murmured.

“Fucking duh, what is with you and your stupid questions?” He spat, pushing Vincent to the side.

“What is with you being so fucking aggressive? Fuckin’ devil..” Vincent huffed back, leisuring William over the train tracks roughly.

The demon simply giggled and lost balance, but caught himself by yanking Vincent's shoulder. “Angry because of your small brain?”

Vincent scoffed at the comment, “You know, you're just ignoring what happened. Why? Was it really that bad? Masking what happened last night with your childish behavior.”

William stared him dead in the eyes, “Oh. The hot springs..? You're acting so dramatic, I obviously got overdosed by that plant powder, we took a break, and you took advantage of me. If anything, it should be a sorry and an absolute shut up from you.” He muttered, his eyes rolling to the pink rays of the dawn sky.

“I did n-” Yet, Vincent got interrupted.

“Besides, I'm not desperate to continue it. It's for your own good, .. how will your son react if his father comes home as a fallen angel? I'm not meant for you, Vincent.” William bit his tongue at the last part before siding off the tension with a half shrug.

But as William trudged forth, Vincent caught his hand and pulled him into his chest. “My wings simply turning black won't stop me from being with you.”

“Vince- we both know there are serious consequences for it.” The demon turned back to him, graving with a disappointed gaze before rolling his eyes. “We're only standing here together, right at this moment, to fetch our son's from these goddamn officials, and then be off our ways to find somewhere safe from this plague. Nothing more. I honestly don't even know how we ended up getting so close.” He continued on, “I'm a impure fucking devil, you said yourself, and you're a breathtaking no wrong-doing angel. We're more rather supposed to be ending each other right now.”

“I kissed you, I've felt you, inside and out. Isn't that wrong?” Vincent slyly let out, stroking his veiny fingers through the demon's ombre strands. “And what consequences? Who says I fear them? If I feel like touching your pretty lips again, I'm going to do it.”

“.. I'm being serious this time.” William pouted.

“But..? I'm also being serious?” Vincent snapped back at his reply, leaning over to supposedly kiss him.

But William pulled away from him.

“Vincent. I can't.. …We can't.”