TJ Au: Unseen

His feet trudged under the starry sky, why did he always have to work out here so late? The long day had tired him along with the extra issue that he couldn't see a darn thing. He squinted at the roots of weeds and bent down, folding his gloves on to start what he was just complaining about.

The weed's thorns were already digging into his gloves, ah, this was really frustrating and painful. Reaching deep under the dirt, choking at the nasty earthy scent, and scuffing his feet around the fence of plants, he managed to yank it out. One after one, he tossed them into the bucket beside him. William's ears perked up to hear the vague chirp of crickets, which was pacifying to his mind to say the least. He shined his flashlight at the rest, it seemed not many had grown this week. He would be able to head to bed early tonight. Well, not early, it had already hit midnight. However, it was better than three a'm.

Paying more attention to his surroundings, it was uneasily quiet. I mean, did that feline not usually make so much noise? Just crickets, the brushes of wind shaking the tree's leaves, and a faint natural squeak from him were the only things making any commotion; that were audible in the circumambient. Should he check? Not because he.. cares if that idiotic stupid pathetic fucking cat is alright.

He'll just take a small peep, it couldn't hurt.

William looked back over to make sure all the weeds were pulled out before standing tall, brushing the filthy mucky gloves off of his fingers carefully; dropping both of them into the bucket with the parasitic plants. With sluggish movements, he meandered toward the back door of the broad building. Once William stepped inside, he checked his surroundings again.

It remained quiet inside as he suspected. Other than the boiling pot on the kitchen stove. It made his tail twitch a bit in alertness, but everything else seemed normal.

"You're adorable when you're scared."

William squeaked in surprise and snapped his head around, scoffing in vexation when he only found that familiar snotty cat peering at him through the darkness of a corridor. However, the feline was still a bit.. scary? No, unpredictable. William didn't like it.

In a blink of the eye, the cat had already become unseen. Just as William had predicted. He never liked to show himself for more than five seconds, apparently. But, something in the mouse's chest encouraged him to follow the cat. What risks were there anyway? The cat never had harmed him anyway.

William slowly slipped into the darkness after the cat, walking down the hallway of a closed bathroom door, a locked bedroom, the entrance to the attic, and.. an open room to the office. He had never been inside there before, but this time, he abruptly jolted in without a second thought.

Now, where's that darn cat?

Willam checked behind the door; the cat loved to hide there. He wasn't, though. So, William shrugged it off casually. He would find him eventually. The fear started to fade away anyway, there was nothing to be afraid of, the stupid feline was just messing around with him yet again, nor would he get injured. He headed further down the vast walkway of the office section, not spotting a single thing. Nevermind, he heard a faint rustle.

"I'll add obliviousness to the list." Vincent's voice purred, giving him a crooked smile as he took a step back.

William bit his tongue, calming his frightened shoulders before looking at the dark areas of the room. But, this time, the cat wasn't in any of them. He was right in front of William.