Chapter 21

"So... Eric mysteriously supervised your training until late at night and didn't let you return until you supposedly finished the simulation, but not only that, you're asking me not to misinterpret things because it was just a routine with weapons, all completely professional," the redhead fell silent, looking at me seriously. "But, Grace, how can you ask me not to misinterpret things when that man has been eyeing you all day?" she whispered the last part with excitement, taking my hands.

My mistake was arriving at the dormitory at 11 at night. Tiana was sleeping beside me, and as soon as I arrived, I collapsed with heaviness and exhaustion. The redhead woke up and moved her bed closer to mine; she wanted to sleep but made me explain in detail what had happened, why Eric had pulled me out halfway through the routine, and the reason for my late arrival.

I explained briefly what had happened and also mentioned that I couldn't speak too much because the walls had ears.

The next day, we got up, and in the dining hall, I explained the situation and how Genesis intends to disqualify me.

With discretion, I glanced around for Eric. We were in the training room, having finished, and Four asked us to stay as there was an announcement coming up. I spotted Eric, who was standing next to Freya, and I could see how occasionally his gaze connected with mine. God, I don't want to feel like this.

"I assure you, I don't know what you're talking about, Tiana. There really was nothing, just those stupid routines," I shrugged.

"Sure," she rolled her eyes.

Andrea and Jim approached with a smile. The brunette sat next to me, and Jim sat with Tiana.

"Have you seen the new arrangement?" Andrea asked.

"Nope," Tiana and I replied simultaneously, then turned to each other and laughed.

"Tiana, you're number 6, and Grace, you're number 3," Andrea informed us.

My eyes lit up with excitement, my smile widening along with a light laugh.

"You kicked Roy's butt. Freya and Eric were talking about you," Jim commented. "Congratulations," he nodded.

I smiled, thanking him.

Today at training, after warming up, both Four and Genesis continued with the sparring. Eric and Freya arrived shortly afterward. Freya joined Four's group while Eric stayed with ours, watching as I managed to best Roy this time, knocking the wind out of him and fracturing his foot.

I had hoped to spar with Jade, but that didn't happen. She fought Xavier instead, and she won, so I wouldn't be surprised if we end up fighting together in the next round.

"I still don't understand your obsession with being number one, but I support you, friend. Congratulations," Tiana said, wrapping her arm around my shoulder for a hug.

With a chuckle, I accepted the hug.

"I agree with Tiana, Grace."Andrea nodded, laughing, joining in the hug.

"Very well, listen up," Four's voice made us separate. The four of us stood up and approached him, along with the others scattered around the training room. Four was accompanied by Genesis, with Freya and Eric by his side, and the leader, who had his arms behind his back again, expressionless.

"Today's training is canceled, guys," Freya spoke with a smile, not showing her teeth. The shouts of happiness echoed, making her laugh. Everyone was celebrating except for me; my heart pounded, and my intuition told me something was wrong.

"The long-awaited day for many has arrived early. Today, we'll open the doors to parents from other factions. Unfortunately, in past years, very few were visited. Let's hope this time is different. But if it's not, don't be discouraged. I'll be here for you if you need me, alright?" The mood lifted. Tiana, who was beside me, smiled with pure happiness, while I thought about taking the opportunity to finish the fourth-quarter files.