Chapter 31

Hall had turned around and walked towards the exit, passing by Eric, who only gave him a glance

Hall had turned around and walked towards the exit, passing by Eric, who only gave him a glance. Once the dark-haired man had completely left, my leader proceeded to walk towards me with seriousness, his eyebrow slightly raised.

As for me, I couldn't exactly say what I was feeling or thinking. I still had Hall's words in my mind, along with his masculine scent, which, truth be told, I didn't like, and not just his scent but also his hidden superiority attitude. That smile he had during our conversation hinted that he enjoyed knowing the dirty secrets of Dauntless, and although I would take his advice into account and put it into practice, I definitely wouldn't have another conversation with him despite him confessing to seeing me as a strong and independent woman.

"Is he your boyfriend, or are you just playing with him like you did with the pathetic Ian?" Eric asked with a hint of bitterness as he walked past me, making me turn.

I furrowed my brow. "It's annoying that you insist on pairing me up with anyone you see me talking to," I rolled my eyes.

He raised both eyebrows, tilting up one corner of his lips. "And why do I find you two alone in the training room, which, by the way, was closed, both very close, and you all sweaty and flushed?" he sat on the edge of the ring.

"I was training, lost track of time, and he arrived. Ugh, you're making me out to be a damn whore without even giving me..." I began, but he interrupted.

"That's what you're letting people see. They saw you training and laughing with Four. James spreads how you begged for attention from him that night. Ian can't stop seeing you as a lovesick puppy since you kissed him in that room. Raphael keeps asking about you, and now Hall," he stood up from the ring, walking towards me. "I don't care who you sleep with or who you play with. What I care about is not getting involved just because I'm helping you," he stood in front of me, his expression stern as the harshest and cruelest words flowed from his mouth.

"How do you know about Ian and me..."

"The cameras, Grace. You're still so stupid that you can't see their blind spots," he scoffed. "And you're right, you're not looking for a fairy tale, you're looking for several from different men..."

I raised my hand, aiming the palm directly at his cheek with anger, blinded by rage, I cared little about striking my leader, who called me a whore. However, his hand stopped mine with force, gripping my wrist tightly without even blinking, looking at me seriously.

I tried to free my wrist with difficulty as his grip was strong. With my other hand, I pushed his chest several times, but he didn't give in.

Using my foot, I kicked the side of his knee, and with my left elbow, ignoring the pain from my shoulder wound, I struck him below the chest, causing him to stagger and allowing me to free my hand. With both hands, ignoring the stabbing pain emanating from my shoulder, I pushed my arms to shove him back.