Chapter 51

"I could get used to this view

"I could get used to this view." Tiana sighed."Do you accept to change rooms?" she asked, raising an eyebrow as she turned to look at me.

I laughed. "No." I chuckled as I opened a bottle of wine.

The bed was wonderful. I had slept like never before. Everything was perfect, I had privacy. I went to the bathroom and relieved myself without fear of being seen. I took a 15-minute shower without worrying that someone might peek in, and the best part was that there was hot water. I had come out for breakfast like my first day as a leader. When I opened the door, a basket of fruits, a bottle of wine, glass cups, fresh cheese, and bread were at the entrance along with a note.

"Congratulations on belonging to the faction, welcome. ~Max."

I had left the basket on the table and went to have breakfast. I found Tiana, we ate, and then went to my room as I had mentioned the welcome gift I had received. My friend turned around, sitting across from me as I poured the glasses. "You're a leader now, will you change?" she leaned her elbows on the table.

I frowned. "No." I responded, confused. "Why do you ask?"

"I don't know, your room is perfect, the faction leader gave you wine, and I'm really happy for you. It's just that I don't want you to suddenly let it all go to your head and start seeing us the way Eric sees us, stop talking to us, and prefer to hang out with the leaders. And I'm not saying you shouldn't, you can do it, but..."

"Hey, wait." I laughed, lowering the bottle, reaching out my hand to her arm. "You and Andrea will still be my friends, nothing will change. We officially belong to Dauntless, and the only thing that can separate us is our jobs." I assured her.

She pouted. "Do you promise?"

"I promise." I smiled.

"Will you give me your room?"

"No." I chuckled.

She huffed, and I laughed."Well, but keep in mind that I'll come every day, this room is amazing." she turned her gaze back to the room.

"What's your room like?" I asked, handing her the glass.

She took it with a 'thank you' and took a sip. "It's easily half the size of yours. I don't have a window or a living room. I have a bed, a bathroom, and a shower... Oh, and a desk." she sighed. "Four told us it's temporary, depending on your progress at work and how much you contribute to the faction, they'll change it after a year." she raised her eyebrows as she rolled her eyes.

"I've been thinking, I'll work in intelligence. Four is in that section, he'd better give me good recommendations. I'll get an answer tomorrow." she chuckled.

"In the intelligence center? Does Four work there?" I asked.

"Yeah, he said so on the first day, don't you remember?" she crossed her legs and continued drinking.