Chapter 25

The last thing I remember when I was still in my senses was hearing my friends shouting, "bottoms up, bottoms up

The last thing I remember when I was still in my senses was hearing my friends shouting, "bottoms up, bottoms up." while I downed the shot of vodka as if it were water.

I let myself go with the bitter taste and the roughness of my throat. I completely forgot that James was still watching me like I was his dinner for tonight and that the dress was very short.

The feeling of relaxation made me feel calm, although there was a constant, annoying dizziness. Alcohol gave me a peace that I hadn't felt in a long time.

"Have you ever drank before?" Tiana took my hand with a laugh.

I smiled and shook my head. "Never, and I don't know why I hadn't done it before. This is so good, I should do this every day." I struggled to complete a sentence, slurring my words and feeling very clumsy. However, my friends were in the same state as me, so I wasn't worried.

"I don't know how many rounds we've had, but you handle alcohol pretty well for your first time." Andrea remarked, taking the shot Tiana offered her and downing it.

"She's right. The first time I got drunk, I was in Erudite. By the second round, I was already on the floor vomiting. It was a complete disaster." she chuckled.

"I don't know about you guys, but I won't be able to get off this chair."I pointed to the high stool I was sitting on.

"Me neither!" Tiana shouted, and we both dissolved into a fit of laughter.

One of the bartenders approached with a tray and an exotic drink on it, a blue liquid with a pineapple perched on the rim of the glass. He came to my side and placed the glass in front of me, I furrowed.

"Sorry, I didn't order this." I commented, trying to focus my gaze on the handsome guy with a thick beard.

"The man in the armchair ordered it for you." the bartender informed us, stepping aside to reveal James, who had a drink identical to mine.

I thanked the bartender, and he walked away. I picked up the glass and raised it towards James with a smile, and he did the same, returning the gesture with a smile. I brought the glass to my lips and tasted the exotic drink; a combination of flavors exploded on my palate, a sweet sensation contrasting with the bitterness of the liquor.

"God, you should totally go for it." Tiana commented.

I lowered the glass with a smile and shook my head. "He's James, known as a friend of Eric." I approached them. "Yesterday he told me that Eric was willing to slit his throat if he dared to speak too much with me."

Gasps of astonishment came from my friends, Tiana covered her head, while Andrea tried to remain composed.

"Eric will kill him when he finds out about this." Tiana confirmed.

"I won't deny it, he's very attractive."I confirmed as I took another sip of the drink. "But, girls, Eric is even more so." I grimaced, remembering his face and his voice.