Chapter 28

"Firearms and knives, simple," Eric shrugged, showing simplicity

"Firearms and knives, simple," Eric shrugged, showing simplicity. "It's a hallway, you have to identify when to use the firearm and when to use the knives."

"Why can't I just use the firearm?" I asked, looking at the table with the knives perfectly arranged.

In Dauntless, things could be total chaos, but when it came to weapons, they had great respect for them and took care of them.

"You waste bullets, you have to have that survival instinct."

"Right." I elongated the word, fastened the belt, and started to place the knives. "Simple, at least for them."

"It's not my fault, you shouldn't have drunk and slept in my bed while they were practicing this training." his half-smile appeared as he crossed his arms.

"First and last time I drink alcohol, it's horrible. Now I understand why they don't do it every day."

We were on the side of the well-known training room, taking turns one by one while the others were in line waiting for their turn. For my part, I decided to move away from them and go to the knives, playing with them, I started tossing them in the air and catching them.

The exercises were already finished, and everyone was eager as there was an hour left to finish, but not for me. I still had to make up for yesterday's exercise.

Eric approached, and we started talking; I needed to clear my doubts with the blond about this exercise. His entrance was very smooth; the knife was in the air ready to catch it when he arrived and took it for me, he started playing with it while I watched him mesmerized, he's very agile with his fingers.

"Are there holograms or are they mannequins?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Mannequins, they're still clumsy with holograms," he responded teasingly.

"Ouch," I chuckled. "I remind you that I got a 7."

"I remind you that you still owe me that 10," he grinned playfully.

"Mr. Coulter, are you busy this afternoon? I would be willing," I sighed wistfully. "Although, I'm sure Four would be willing to supervise my training; I should ask him." I shrugged.

"Is the goody-two-shoes your choice?" he asked, making a disgusted face. "What a disappointment," he scoffed.

Goody-two-shoes...
People from Abnegation have a nickname, they're called goody-two-shoes. Was Four from Abnegation?

An Abnegation member was number 1 in the ranking... So an Amity could be number 1.

"Goody-two-shoes? Was Four from Abnegation?" I whispered, trying not to be too obvious.

"Yeah, pathetic, you should have seen him, it was pitiful." he chuckled mockingly.

His laughter was contagious, I smiled, lowering my gaze, I didn't want to mock, especially not Four, who hadn't done anything wrong to me.