Day and night, all the same

The sun was setting as Scarlet opened the door softly and peaked inside. Kali's old office was filled with a display of achievements. Sentimental. Scientific. By the desk, she sat, enthralled in her next goal. Papers were sprawled around by a PC as she shifted her attention between the two systematically.
"Kali?" She called out softly. Kali rose her head and her eyes softened as she smiled gently. She shuffled over to the sofa she sometimes slept on, when Kali was caught up in a project. It was a sentimental gift. Kali allowed her to choose what she'd sleep on and she chose this soft red couch with roses that was softer then a swan's wings.
"Crowley won't talk to me.."
"What did you do?" She asked calmly. Kali didn't know how to converse, this was her way of asking. Or caring at least. She did it in the small ways.
"I didn't do anything. Everything was normal until this guy came along and now he's acting like a zombie.." Scarlet gazed at the roof, thoughtful. "He drinks and eats but he's unresponsive and closed off.. he doesn't even curse me out.. it's been a fucking week, babe"
She heard Kali shuffle something around before she spoke.
"There can be many reasons why Crowley has become this. Perhaps a emotional reason?" Kali inquired. Scarlet sat up, half turned to her with her hand on the couch arm.
"You're saying the guy he met is bad?"
Kali shook her head. "Perhaps.. conflicted? Scared? Commitment is a big step for someone like her"
Scarlet shook her head. "Then why wouldn't he come to me about it? We talk about everything.." She retorted, in defeat. They'd talk about literally everything, yet this was the first time he hadn't told her anything about something he was going through. It hurt.
Kali shrugged. "Your relationship might be tight but even then he might just need a push?"
Scarlet sighed and fell back on the couch, gazing up at the ceiling in defeat. "Trust me I've tried.." she muttered. "I've even blocked her physically.. she won't listen.."
She placed herself in between the door and Crowley, with a look of concern and anger.
"Don't you fucking dare push me away, Crow." She snapped angrily. Crow looked emotionless, yet with bags under his brown, soft eyes. Her father used to say you could see a person's soul through their eyes. And he would've said Crowley was a old, tired soul. He'd also be transphobic as fuck, but she would've kicked his ass if he did. Sometimes.. she was glad he was shot.

"Have you tried to spar?"
Scarlet snapped up. blinking as her mind cleared. "You think that'd work?"
Kali smiled softly. That smile. It told her everything. After all Kali knew better then anyone what he was going through. Two peas in a pod.
"You always know what to say, my little snake" She murmured and trotted over to kiss her softly. Kali brushed her fingers along her cheek, pulling her in as she did. Parting slightly after a moment, scarlet noticed that mischievous grin that she was so in love with.
"You do too, my duck. You just needed to get out of your own messy mind"

8:23. He should be here soon. Scarlet scrolled down her list of contacts as she waited for time to pass. The sun was settling in the horizon above the tall buildings, but it felt like it was already 5am in the morning. A loud ding sparked her attention and she stomped to the door, to open it and find Evie with a look of surprise.
"Fix whatever the fuck you two have going on" She snapped and grabbed his hand leading him towards Crowley's bedroom door.
"Uhm what the fuck do you mean?" He replied confused as he stumbled along. She stopped midtrack and glared at him.
"Whatever the fuck you did" She turned to him, glaring. "Fix. It". Then stumbled as she took in his expression. His face was filled with confusion. Wait. She blinked. Realizing her mistake.
"Wait, you didn't fucking do anything?" Scarlet asked, disbelieved. Evie didn't respond, rather shook his head as his gaze shifted between the door and her. Worried. Like she was. She bit her lip and sighed. Gently, she creaked the door apart and he shuffled inside.

Crowley stared at the bleak, clean wall, mind wandering. It didn't hurt that much anymore. The pain had numbed and all that was left was dry tears and alcohol. He noticed something heavy settle on the other side of the bed and sniffed the air. It smelt of daisies. A perfume. He wanted to growl, to threaten or even hurt him, but it didn't matter. Nothing did. This hopeless world was worth nothing to him anymore. Not without Lee. Not without Scarlet.
"I don't know what you're going through.." Evie spoke softly. "But you're scaring the fuck out of Scarlet.."
Scarlet. Crowley felt a sting of pain and blankly stared at the wall. It hurt. No matter how much he'd prayed. Tried to do good. Nothing mattered now. Non of his efforts to detatch himself from her worked.
"You know.." A creak echoed through the small room as Evie shifted onto the bed, laying down next to him. "It reminds me of when my mom died.. at the time. I was at the studio. Working" He recollected softly. "Once I got that call.. it felt like everything stopped. Sure.. people continued to live their life. To work, to go home to their children. Pay me to dance.. but i just walked. Worked.. Ate.." As he spoke, his voice softened. Recollecting something painful. He had no idea how similiar his experience was. Yet, Crow was the reason Lee was dead. And he'd never forgive himself for that.
"It felt like nothing mattered.."
Crowley shifted his posture to look at Evie. Really look. In the night light, his soft eyes shone. It wasn't purple like Crow's had been under Lucifer's control. It wasn't threatening or dangerous. It was beautiful.
"It hurts, doesn't it?" He asked softly. Gently. He gently hovered his hand over his cheek and Crowley slowly leaned into it; closing his eyes as the sensation of comfort overwhelmed his numbness.
"You might hate yourself.. you might blame yourself.. you might wanna throw a rock through the window and scream bloody murder into the night.." Evie spoke softly. A quiet tear rolled down his cheek as he leaned into his hand.
"It's all my fault" His voice broke as he spoke. Hoarsly.
*Rosalie leaned back in her chair, tipping on the back legs as she grinned drunkenly. The bar was quiet tonight. Perhaps due to the rain outside. Scarlet was gonna have a trip coming down here.
"If we ever get ouf of here" Rosalie sighed in relief as she settled down and graced the glass with her finger tip. Lacing it softly.
"What would you wanna do?" She asked and gazed at him, thoughtful. A adventourer at heart. "You know.. if you had the whole world at your feet?
Crowley chuckled softly and looked up at the ceiling, thoughtful. He hadn't thought of that before. The glass before him was filled with liquid, his normal kind of drink, yet he casually sipped it if he was in company of Rosalie.
"I'd like to visit my hometown.." Crowley replied softly. He didn't remember anything anymore. As if it'd matter. He couldn't remember anything before the night he met Lucifer. At his grave. Did it bother him? yes. In the impossible future he was free of her grasp, he'd like to return there. Find out. Lee grinned.
"Nostalgic! I love it" Rosalie replied. "I'd loe to visit my dad and brother"
She leaned back and scoured the empty chairs in the back. Thoughtful. "I know they're alive somewhere and I'd do anything to track them down and tell them I'm okay"*

The memory faded, bringing quiet tears to his cheeks. He buried his head in his chest, softly murmuring to himself. It hurt so bad. He didn't realize he was crying until he heard Evie run his hands through his hair softly, shushing him quietly.