A deal between devils

It'd been a long fucking day. Scarlet had grabbed a bottle of Crowley's  stash, downing it intermittently at the couch as Evie lied besides her.  Evie seemed like a lost puppy in her company. Not like Crowley. It felt  odd.
"so you two didn't talk before this?" Scarlet muttered half drunk. Evie shook his head, sighing.
"I  hadn't seen him since the night at the bar.." He responded. They'd gone  out? Scarlet quirked a brow at him, making him look away shyly.
"He  asked me out for some drinks and we ended up talking about-" She  noticed the flush of red on his cheeks and chuckled. Hopeless romantic.  Just like Rosalie. The thought brought dread to her. Where are you, Lee?  She sighed, glaring at the empty TV screen in thought. Rosalie hadn't  texted her about Crow. Or even sent a hi. It was unusual.
"Coming to  think of it.. how did you and Crow meet?" Evie asked. Scarlet lifted  her gaze to his. For a moment, dread.. pain washed over her. What was  that feeling? She thought but shrugged it off.
"Through my wife" She  replied calmly. But was that really the truth? she wasn't quite sure  how they'd stumbled upon each others. Scarlet had a perfect memory,  something that haunted her from the day she'd been born and something  she'd probably inherited from her mother. But, Crowley stumbling into  her life was like a blank slate. Like he was just snapped into  existence. It had to have something to do with his weird ass boss.  Scarlet jolted out of the sofa, with Evie trailing behind, anxiously.
"Where are you going?"
"I'm gonna talk to his boss.. that bitch has to have something to do with what's going on"
"I don't think that's a good idea.."
Scarlet halted in her track and glared at him. Evie backed off, hands up like he was in defeat.
"I'm  just saying.. if he's going through something.. do you really think  confronting him in front of his boss will accomplish anything?"
Scarlet  stopped. As much as she hated it, he was right. If she was a part of  this. It'd cause more harm if she was aggressive in her presence. A  vibration in her pocket made her quirk a brow and fish out her phone.  Her eyes widened and a cold feeling washed over her body as she glared  at the screen. It was on the move. Now of all times? Below the radio  transmitted tracker was a small circle colored black.
"What's that?" Evie asked. Scarlet closed her hand over her phone and chuckled. It was a soft but calm chuckle.
"My  wife. We have our anniversary date tonight and I could really use a  night out after what happened with Crowley.." She muttered a excuse. She  had to call a meeting with the team. Evie chuckled and returned to the  sofa, slouched on it as he struggled to find the remote.
"I'll stay here in case Crowley comes back" He replied.
She  leapt out down the hallway and her boots clicked as she ran down the  circular empty stair well. It wasn't used much and looked like something  out of a bad horror film. Outside, a few civilians walked by, head down  as they scurried on their way. This city. It should've been hers. She  shook her head. The nearest cave entrance was behind lullaby. She ran  across the street into a connected alleyway, to the side of the street  where drunk people stumbled through, telling horror stories about their  apartment complex. She never understood where that rumor came from. Some  drunk kid must've thought it looked haunted. Her gaze flickered from  left to right to clear out any cars then leapt through another connected  alleyway of trash pandas and dark corners. Soft blue lights made her  slow her pace down as she approached the small corner shop, big windows  stretched out with a door in between. A bunch of kid toys and clothes.  As little as this town was, it wasn't uncommon that orphans were left  here after the parents sobered up from Tango. She sighed and crossed the  street, hands in her pockets as she trailed into the shop. A young  woman perked up from her phone and smiled gently. Mimi was a rough  diamond in the city, always dressed in a self made dress with her messy  hair dangling around her one eye. The other was long gone but at least  she tried to make it look cool with a button.
"Morning Miss Scarlet. How can I help you?"
Scarlet lifted her hand off the door, allowing it to close and approached her calmly. No other customers tonight, huh?
"I  need to use the back door" She said. The woman's eyes darkened a  little. In Eitir, if it was found out they'd created another tunnel,  she'd be in jail. She wasn't under star labs protection.
"This way"  Mimi lifted a hand at the back door by the cashier desk. One thing she  couldn't understand was why this woman didn't accept the protection. It  wasn't a matter of loyalty or fear. She trailed behind Mimi into a room,  a little darker then the outside, with cold wind coming from a side  door hidden by old tall cabinets filled with sewing equipment. Scarlet  fished out her wallet from her jacket pocket and handed Mimi 100  dollars, which she frowned at.
"Tell your grandma I wish her well, ok?"
Mimi stood there in a frown, glaring at the money with a hint of sadness as Scarlet disappeared into the tunnel.