The Archive

The room was so tense you could cut it with a knife. Scarlet closed the door behind her and sighed, shuffling from side to side. It was a nervous tick of hers
"So why was that bitch here now? need more money for her daddy funds?" Scarlet retorted with venomous hatred. Yet, it felt odd. It can't be a coincidence Lucifer appears now, after Crowley has gone off the deep end.
"I need you to steer clear of Crowley until further notice-"
"wha-"
"trust me, darling, I don't like it either" Kali paused and sighed. "But it's for his safety.."
Scarlet quirked a brow when she noticed a familiar folder on the desk. It was like a ember flickered alive within her. She stormed up to the desk and grabbed it.
"You sold him out?!" She snapped. "Really?"
Kali was quiet. The way her eyes had darkened, yet she was quiet. Unresponsive. She just waited, with no excuse to lay bare.
"Is this why he's been off? cause he knew you sold him out for a piece of fucking paper?" She sneered into her face. The lack of expression of Kali's face told her everything she needed to know. She hadn't changed one bit. Scarlet clenched her fists, a immense wave of anger boiling within her to the point every furniture in the room felt throw-able. Kali gently held out her hand. That motion. The simple gesture was her way to help. Scarlet shakily grabbed it. For a moment, there was silence, as Kali gently guided her to breath, without a word. She inhaled and exhaled, with a few moments between. Just let it burn out. As the flame begun to flicker, she sighs gently. This wasn't the Cora she knew back then. Get out of your head, scar.
"I need you to locate the archive using this" Kali lifted her other hand onto the folder. The document she was sent to retrieve. It meant Crowley was sent to retrieve them too. She sighed and flickered through the documents. Pages upon pages on different research files. The dates of the appearance of the entity. A log of deceased. She nibbled on her lip as she scoured the pages. On the bottom of the page for the researcher assigned to the entity was a code.
"Okay, and what do I need to retrieve there?" She asked and lifted her gaze to meet Kali's. Expressionless. But calm.
"Any files of value. Anything else that Lucifer might want her hands on" Kali replied calmly. Noted.
"And should I notify team B?" She asked as she pocketed her hands, awaiting the reply. Shuffling from side to side. It was a nervous tick of hers. Kali shook her head.

The streets were vast yet quiet, like no human had breathed on this land before. As she leapt past every house, she pushed every muscle to it's limit. It felt good. To run away the anger. She trusted Kali wouldn't make the wrong choice. She had a good reason. She must've.
"Old blackberry street" She read as she passed a old sign. The streets out here weren't as packed. Most of the construction was abounded after the research team up and left a couple of years ago. The ground wasn't as finished as the pavement near Eitir neither was the buildings as fancy. Most were older. Run down. The entrance to the archives should be nearby.. She halted and fished out the piece of paper. Her gaze lifted to a old building with four floors and windows lining the top floor. One of the windows had a gaping hole of glass shards the size of two humans. That must be it, she thought to herself and jogged to the entrance. The factory was so dark she had to pull out a flashlight. Gently hovering it over the vast main floor, it was nothing but empty space and a backdoor by the reception. She jogged over the main floor, her footsteps echoing the space. As she approached the door, she noticed it had a lock on it.
"Glad to see they're paranoid" She muttered sarcastically and fished out her gun and shot the lock. The door beeped and slit ajar, revealing a dark, cellar staircase leading to god knows fucking where. 
"Fuck you, whoever designed this"
The staircase was long, dark and smelt of musky old air. Like a old, school library. The thought made her chuckle. Like the one she used to sneak off to with Lee when they were younger, as the camp officers wouldn't let them anywhere near the town. The end of the staircase opened up into a oval space of sorted book shelves arranged from A to X. Old chandeliers emitted orange soft light onto the shelves and gave the space a cozy feeling. It'd take her ages to even sort through half of this.
"Fuck" She muttered. "Better get started.."

It felt like hours had gone by as Scarlet found herself comfortable on the floor, with half scattered documents scattered about. Most were older research reports on beings they'd already noted down. Nothing Kali would've wanted. Scarlet groaned out in frustration and glanced at her clock. 6am.
"Fuck, I must've read all night" She muttered hoarsely under her breath. She couldn't come up empty. She pushed herself off the floor and shuffles to the next book shelf. L.
"I wonder.." She muttered, thoughtful and grabbed the first folder, settling on the ground as she flicked through the pages. Nothing. She grabbed the next and scoured through it. If this archive had every supernatural creature that'd lived down in Eitir, wasn't it plausible they had documents on Lucifer?
Then, her eyes widened, and she read.

Dr J Matthew
The phenomenon of the night of unfaithful was coined after a consistent event started to occur in the 1380. Locals report a young blond haired woman wandering the streets in a white dress, followed by pale, hunched figures. A peculiar consistent oddity of the figures in particular are that no local can accurately retell their appearance. Even gender. A picture was taken by a local around 1980. See reference below.

She shifted her gaze to a old black and white photo from the 80's: her stomach dropped cold and she felt nauseous, eyes locked on a familiar figure besides Lucifer, herself. A young boy with long dark hair and faltered eyes, black long crow wings spurred from his sides. She gently laced her finger over his cheek. The scar. She'd seen it once when he was too lazy to shapeshift before he grabbed food, though she didn't inquire about it. It felt rude.
"The fuck did you get yourself into, Crow.." Scarlet muttered to herself.
In some sense it felt unbelievable, like it was another version of him or his parents. Yet, after Kali, after Star Labs, unbelievable was basically impossible to achieve anymore. Her gaze flickered to the report below.
The locals that have witnessed and survived said event describe a unimaginable horror. Instances of loved ones interfering for whatever reasons have been brutally murdered by the followers leaving trauma and grief for the witnesses. The locals who's come to terms with the tradition will leave offerings on their doorsteps. These range from items of their loved ones. Reports conclude all victims involved was prior involved in unfaithful relations to other people.