A mistake on his part

The world was quiet for a minute, for a minute as he staggered through the hallway, tilting from side to side. He hadn't drunken that much had he? A blurry shadow appeared, like ripples in the water and he grinned, throwing his arms around his neck.
"Oh fuck off.. you're drunk?" He snapped. Annoyed, as he threw Harvey's arms off him, causing him to stagger back, landing on his butt. Harvey pouted.
"Give me a fucking break, would ya? I'm questioning my life.. and running away.. as I've done all my life" He pushed himself up and staggered into the wall. "The least you could do is let me be.."
"Running away?" Crowley quirked a brow. His eyes darkening. "You've been hiding from Mimi.."
Harvey's eyes widened, for a minute, as a cold feeling washed over his body.
"That's why I didn't see you when she first appeared in town.. that's why you didn't pick up the fucking call at Ether street.. you've been hiding from her.." Crowley snapped, eyes widened in a stare that seemed familiar. Anger he couldn't quite place. He kind of looked like Lucifer. Just kinder. "Why?"
Harvey staggered forward and sneered. "It's non of your business.." He mumbled drunkenly. He knew he wasn't coherent, as his words came out like unfinished sentences. He felt fingers tug around his wrists and looked up. Fuck, his eyes.
"If you're the reason she's here you're gonna be the bait to lock her up" Crowley snapped into his face and tugged his arm. He staggered after the boy.

"Mimi" Crowley called and paused. His voice echoed through the quiet, deserted street as he looked around. No one. He glanced back at Harvey, eyes half slanted as he staggered between his footing on the pavement.
"MIMI HARVEY'S HERE" Crowley yelled out, tapping his foot on the pavement. With Harvey as bait, this would be easy peachy. They'd finally be able to contain her. The itch on his arm, even if he scratched at it, wouldn't go away. He knew, down to the bone, that if he found Mimi and contained her, Lucifer would be happy. And the itch would be gone. He tapped his foot faster.
"I'm here.. come for me." Harvey yelled out, stumbling and tapped his chest. He seemed defeated. Drunkenly defeated. It kind of hit him in his stomach. Why was he feeling bad for him? He bit on his lip. You can't take a second to hesitate. Contain her. Kill her. He groaned as he felt Harvey stagger into him and pushed him off.
"Fuck off.."
"Oh fuck you.. you're the reason we're out here.." Harvey retorted, drunkenly.
"Oh I am? you're the reasons she's here" Crowley retorted, angrily. Why was he feeling bad for this asshole? It didn't make sense.
"Oh? because I for once didn't wanna run for my life and actually live?" Harvey retorted. Crowley quirked a brow. Run for his life? Why would he run.. A flash past his mind, a echo of muffled sobs as he felt blood trickle down his lip. He put his finger up to his lip and lowered his gaze to it. No blood. Nothing. Just the pale skin of his index finger. He noticed Harvey quietly stare at him.
"You thought that because you were being selfish, I needed to be, too?" Harvey snapped into his face.
"Selfish? I'm the one who protected this city from the monster you brought in" Crowley tapped him on the chest. Harvey was the reason they'd got into this mess.
"Oh sue me! I wanted a life away from the endless fucking torture. You have no idea what I've gone through" Harvey retorted, sneering. Crowley chuckled, dryly.
"She hasn't killed you yet.." He snapped back. Then bit his lip. The sensation, feeling of guilt. It hit his stomach like a truck. Fuck. What was he doing? This wasn't him. It wasn't the guy he used to be. Why didn't he feel anything? He lowered his gaze to his hands. Why, no matter how much shit he spat out of his mouth, did he not feel anything?
"She has.."
Crowley lifted his gaze. Staring into his gentle eyes. There were blue bags, pale but not washed up enough to distract him from the fact he was facing. This man, whatever he was, had faced death and returned. His eyes widened. Something flashed past his mind. A quiet sensation he hadn't felt in a while. It was like, in the quiet of the town, he could hear droplets of water and feel mud under his fingertips. Confusion. In Harvey's eyes, Crowley saw his own, emitting a toxic purple glow. Wasn't his eyes brown? A loud explosion caused him to flinch and he looked up to see buildings, coming straight at them. Without hesitation, he grabbed Harvey under the arms and feathers spewed out of his back as he barely dodged the debris hitting the ground behind him.
"WHAT THE-" Harvey yelled out.
"SHUT UP" Crowley snapped down at him, barely audible against the bricks and stones crashing to the ground. The ground was rumbling, cracking up at the pavement; small slits cracked in the pavement, digging deeper into the ground and leaving dust in it's place. The farther he flew, the closer the debris felt, even a few brushing his feet as he dodged out of the way. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. How did she even have the power to do this? The buildings caved in behind him, barely out of reach as he dodged out of the way, gaze scouring for any exit out of this madness. Fuck it. He ascended into the air, feathers wafting against the wind, grasping at Harvey's arms as Harvey wooed, kicking the air in joy.
"THIS IS AWESOME" He yelled, barely audible over the wind. Crowley felt his lips purse up in a smile. Fucking dork. Crowley lifted his gaze over his shoulder and watched. Buildings caving into one another, filling the air with dust as half of the old town crumbled. This was bad, he thought to himself as the buildings begun to become more distant. He turned his gaze and gasped.
"FUCK-" He yelled as he dodged out of the way of a bird then his eyes widened as he heard another yell over his own. Harvey. FUCK. His eyes locked on Harvey's as he wafted his arms, growing closer and closer to the ground beneath. Crowley leapt down, holding his hand out.
"TAKE IT"
"YOU THINK IM BLIND?"
Crowley sneered as he wafted his hand against Harvey's. Just a little closer... a little closer. COME ON. The ground behind Harvey was becoming clearer, with defining lines of the concrete roof. He locked his fingers in Harvey's, tugging him into him as he coiled his wings around the two, barreling into the roof top. Pain seered through his back as they landed, but his wings took most of the fall, dampening it with the raven feathers. The dust lifted in the air and there were cracks on the concrete where they'd landed. He heaved in and coughed. Fuck this tasted awful. He felt something vibrated atop him and lifted his feathers to see Harvey chuckling softly.
"Oh fuck off" Crowley snapped and pushed him off him. Harvey rolled onto his back, laughing maniacally. The air was filled with splatter of black shadows, piercing downwards like hail. Another crow attack. What even was this for? He thought, breathing out.
"So a change of heart?" Harvey asked and Crowley slapped him on the chest.
"You're a fucking dick.." He retorted. Here he was. With a drunk guy, on the top of the roof of god knows where, hiding from a god like creature. What was he doing? At least the itch wasn't as bad anymore. A good distraction from his work.

The stars were beautiful, scattered throughout the night sky like a fucking painting. As he watched, he thought to himself. Who had he become? why couldn't he remember anything before Lucifer. He sighed, biting on his lip.
"You have a really bad habit of biting on your lip.. is it because you used to be a bird..?"
Harvey's words brought a chuckle to his lips. How had this dude lived for this long? he thought.
"You are crazy.."
"I like to think differently.." Harvey retorted, causing Crowley to look at him. His eyes shone underneath the starlight. A flicker of brown and green, mixed like old scattered paint.
"Why..?"
"It's more fun" Harvey replied with a shrug. "If you think differently, then you'll know you will always be surprised.. and who doesn't like surprises?" He asked. Surprises. Harvey thought like a child, he thought to himself. It was kind of refreshing.. in this bland, depressing world. A flicker of hope from a world which was actually fun.. and free.
"Yeah.." Crowley replied and shuffled his arms around his neck, leaning back on them as he stared up. Sighing gently. "I don't know what I used to be.."
"A bird.." Harvey retorted. Crowley quirked a brow and lifted his gaze to meet Harvey's. "Just a bird.. nothing more nothing less. life isn't complicated Crow. It's rather simple"
Crowley quirked a brow, letting a confused smile purse his lips.
"The sky is blue. The ocean is blue too. The roses are red. You're a bird.." Harvey mumbled, staring up at the night sky, nodding to himself. Crowley chuckled, leaning back. This boy was another miracle. A rather confusing miracle. He felt his phone vibrate and fished it out. Fuck. Lucifer was calling a meeting to meet with Linneaus. Since he was the one who'd took him off the street, he had to be there to greet him.
"I have to uh.. go" Crowley mumbled and pushed himself up on his feet. His wings, as he rolled his shoulders, felt sore. There were still a couple of scorched feathers that hadn't quite healed. He extended his wings, letting them reach to the sky. God.
"Aight, I'll see you later birdie" Harvey waved at him. Birdie. Crowley caught himself smile as he ascended into the air, letting the air waft his feathers. Lead him to where he needed to be. The night sky was beautiful. A batter of blue hues, mixed together.