A lamb to the slaughter 2

A curly shadow figure disappeared over the buildings, light as a feather as it floated in the air. His eyes fixated on every corner, every movement, searching. There wasn't a corner that wasn't gonna be upturned to find that thing. Something caught his se in his peripheral, a movement that shot past him. Then another. Small figures that shot past him.. above him? What was.. he lifted his gaze and halted, ascended in the air as he gazed up at a flock of maybe 100 crows, erratic as they descended before him. There was no sound, until one after the other, they cracked their head and necks on the pavement beneath. He was stunned, eyes widening as he watched in horror.
"C19, you copy?"
He gulped and shakes his head, fishing out the walkietalkie.
"Copy"
"We've received a nation wide alert from Lucifer. Do not engage with any crea-"
A blood curling scream made him flinch and he jolted down, in between two buildings and landed on the concrete floor of a dark alleyway. Quiet as the humming electricity within the walls, he snuck up to the entrance and peaked out. Dead bird corpses littered the pavement as far as his eyes could see and residents stood still, horrified of the sight. Eyes bulging at the creatures, whilst quiet sobs echoed through the crowd.
"Don't worry-" as he spoke, a blood curling scream shot out from the crowd. Panick amassed as civilians pushed each others out of the way, running like headless chickens as he watched quietly. As the crowd cleared, he saw it. A human, or what looked like one but by the scent, wasn't any more bit human then him: was towered over a woman with a knife inches away from her face as she held out her hands, fighting with the little strength she had. He leapt forward, crashing into the thing and tackles it into the ground, digging his teeth into its neck and ripped it open with a growl.
"Bleh!" He spewed out the old flesh and grimaced. It tasted like sand. The being beneath him begun to dissipate, collapsing together into old dust till it was nothing but a pile of dirt beneath his feet. He fished out the walkietalkie and pressed in the button.
"Attention! This is a emergency broadcast. All residents are to stay locked inside their house until further notice. This is not a test. I repeat. All residents are to stay inside their homes until further notice"
The alarm blared so loud he flinched and covered his ears. Fuck. In the shadow of the concrete, shadows shot past him and he felt his heart stop. What the.. he lifted his gaze. Crows. A thousand more then he'd seen before, flocked together, yet erratic as they flew, their caws a raw piercing noise that almost overhauled the broadcast reprising. What the fuck is going on..
"C19. We need assistance. I repeat, we need assistance. Ether street is overturned and we have multiple casualties. Do you copy?"
Crowley gulped.
"I copy"

Crowley dug his claws into its throat and ripped it out. In his peripheral, he saw another stumble towards him to come to a halt, as his tail piercing through its chest, it's heart. It faltered and dissipated before his eyes. Dirt, or old stone. Looked like sand, in a small circle. The wind wafted it into the air. Fun shots echoed the street as he gazed around. Guards were chowing down the things but there were hundreds of them.
"Where is H6?" He yelled over the gun shots. A guard shrugged as he aimed at another one of those things. Crowley groaned. With every stab, jab and crackling sound as their heads split before him was another distraction. Another minute wasted. He felt antsy, like ants crawled up his skin. Lucifer's priority was the thing. The entity. Not these civilians. Yet he was here doing dirty work and patrolling the streets whilst her little angel was AWOL. As a thing stumbled towards him, gaping, he jabbed his claw into its mouth, digging into the skin of the upper throat and ripped the lower jaw off. The body slumped over.
"We need assistance, I repeat. We need assistance-"
Crowley flinched as a loud piercing noise echoed and curled up on the ground, hugging himself. His heart felt like it was throbbing out of his chest as he whimpered. That noise. It was like a knife digging it's way through his ears.
"Fireworks?"
Through the loud piercing noise, he heard a guard call out, confused. He quirked a brow and gently lifted his gaze. The guard was right. In the air, gentle sparkles of different colors scattered amongst the clouds. One after another, the air exploded with thousands of colors, decorating the clouds in shapes. What the fuck were they up agains-
"GET DOWN!"
Crowley didn't hesitate. He jumped to his knees and covered himself, his tail coiled around his legs as he shielded himself with his wings. Loud explosions caused rumbles in the ground beneath him and a loud ring begun to sound in his ears. The ground was hazy. A moving blur. The ring pierced into his ears and no matter how much he clawed, he couldn't get it out. He couldn't think. He couldn't. He felt his throat dry, steering in pain as if.. was he heaving? The ground begun to morph. Blue into a sort of dark muddy dirt color.. he squinted. Why was that familiar? The piercing sound was slowly fading, giving him time to adjust and breath. Yet there was a nagging feeling something was wrong. He shakily lowered his arms and lifted his gaze. The street was gone. Replaced by a vast dirt hill, with ceramic plates stuck out of the ground. A couple had flowers placed atop, but all were engraved with scribbles he couldn't quite make out. Where was he? His heart was throbbing out of his ears. One plate stuck out, tilted slightly to the side and as he leaned in closer, he saw something move atop it. A black crow cawed gently. Crying? where was he? He couldn't think. The ringing was loud, piercing his ears. He had to get away. He had to get away. He had to get away. Like his body knew, his wings extended, lifting his weak body off the ground, into the air. Leaving the graveyard behind. Those odd nostalgic emotions. It was like his wings, his mind knew where to go. In the blur of the wind, the grass deformed, discoloured. With every waft of the wind, ringing in his air, he lifted his gaze to greet the wind. It was cold, but fresh. The blurry figures begun to take shapes, cubes, flickering as he passed the buildings. The street's seemed calmer on this side. Was Lucifer's guard's on patrol, or was half of the civilization he knew.. gone?