A Lamb to the slaughter

A soft light broke his vision, piercing down at him like god. He never really believed in anything, anything higher then him, and every time before, he hadn't seen him or heard his pleas. He lifted his hand, reaching out to the warm light. Harvey jolted awake and grabbed at his chest. Heaving, panting as he collected his breath.
"He's awake" A voice spoke, in the distance, a soft echo. He squinted. The room was dark, with a scend of putrid mud. Lucifer walked out of the darkness. Had they been watching him? Her eyes glowed, emitting a toxic purple and he felt the pain fade. Dampen to a gentle reminder in the back of his mind. He sighed.
"Welcome, fallen angel" Lucifer spoke softly. Harvey let out a stale chuckle.
"So.. whatcha want from me now?" He spoke, his voice hoarse. Lucifer chuckled.
"A warrior, ready to plant his fists in someone's face" She commented. "I don't need your blades, angel. All I need as of now, is for you to escort someone" She continued. He quirked a brow and pushed himself up. There was a moment of clarity, as he breathed in. The air was fresh. Unstained and not the fake bullshit he'd been inhaling for the past years. He felt tears coil down his cheeks as he begun to realize. He could breath. He could fucking breath. He tilted his head up and let out a chuckle.
"I can breath.." He muttered softly. The relief washed over him and he grinned. "I CAN FUCKING BREATH" He yelled out and inhaled as deeply as he possibly could. Tears sweetened his cheeks as he grinned.
"I CAN BREATH"
"Yes, you can" Lucifer replied and smiled. "You should also be able to use your abilities to their full extend without repercussions"
Harvey's eyes widened with realization. Since the day he was given the powers, he'd never been capable of using it without hunching over, puking out his guts afterwards. It wasn't comfortable. Though Mimi didn't really mind it. It was another part of her little, fun game. Life to her, was a game. A game he was simply a pawn in. He sighed, focusing down on the other corner of the room. He felt it flow through his veins and a second of hesitation hit him. Fright. The fear of dying was a fun game he liked to play. To wonder whether his inhale was his last. He shook his head. His hands shook as he felt the power wash through his system and a second later, he opened his eyes to see the wall right in front of him. Gracing the concrete wall, feeling the dust and stale paint against his finger tip. He chuckled.
"See?" Lucifer inquired. He chuckled and lifted his gaze to hers. He was free. Free like a fucking bird. He didn't feel the acid in the back of his throat, or the black putrid liquid coming out of his lips. He'd never felt this free. Within seconds, he was in one end to the other end of the room, appearing and disappearing like a flash; his skin dampening to a black stain before it reformed in another end of the room, birthing color to his skin and his eyes.
"Once you're done with your fun, come meet me for the escort" Lucifer muttered and closed the door as she left. Harvey smirked, hunching over as he hugged himself, laughing, rocking back and forward as relief washed over him. HE was free. He was finally free.

The south side of Eitir, littered with old buildings made of bricks, broken windows and broken dreams. Large black vans were stationed on the corners of the street, shadowed by the soft gentle morning light. Crowds of members flocked out on the street as Scarlet stood by, on the pavement with Artemis. She felt like the moment that sun hit the high end of the building, sneaking out from the shadows to lay dawn on the world they lived in, they'd awake to a nightmare. Artemis trailed off the pavement to the middle of the street and lifted his hands gently. Muttering softly under his breath as his hair begun to waft in the gentle breeze. Scarlet leaned against the wall, arms around her waist as she watched. The way the air wafted around him, bending at his will, as he muttered his ancient language. A soft translucent light arose from the peak of the buildings on the opposite side, reaching to the sky slowly as he spoke. The shield. It'd shield most of the outside world from theirs and it's the way Kali preferred. She lifted her gaze and met hers. A silent killer at the top of the building, shadowed by others, awaiting. As the translucent light hit the peak, she sighed and glanced at the watch. 8am.
"Muy bien, let's get this party started" She muttered and signaled the A plan. They'd assess the danger and hostility first then find a peaceful way to contain it. See if it was sentient or not. They'd dealt with a literal demon witch. They could do this. She sighed and lowered her gaze to the entrance. A bar-sized door that was illuminated by a light bulb.
"The shield is up and I'll help with the first procedure" Artemis said. She quirks a brow.
"Isn't that a lot?"
"I'm stronger then I look" Artemis replied and chuckled. "The shield is basic witch stuff. I can take a couple of hits on the field.. and I'd... I'd like to help.."
"You're a martyr" Scarlet retorted annoyed.
"What? I need to impress the guys" Artemis winked and nodded at the other team member's. He was one for the guys, and a smart one too. He didn't play much, he was faithful and kind. She'd joked about hooking him up with Crowley a couple of times before but he wasn't interested.
"Miss Robin.."
Scarlet gulped and lifted her gaze. At the entrance, a young woman stood. Long soft hair curling at the edges of her shirt, curving enough to hide her defected eye.
"MIMI" Scarlet yelled surprised and jogged over. Mimi stood by the entrance, blinking as she looked around.
"Hey.. you shouldn't be here.. it's dangerous here right now, ok? go back to your shop" She scoured Mimi for any injuries as she spoke. Mimi looked calm, dressed in a suit with a tie, like she had arrived for a date. What the fuck was she doing out here?
"AGH"
Scarlet flinched and looked up. What she saw, was confusing. People who looked old, grey like statues were fighting the crew. A few had some pinned them down and other's looked like they fought off death. It took a second for her to notice the shift in the air and she leapt back. Angerily, she fished out her gun to find her belt empty.
"Oi.. you sneaky fucking bitch" She growled and lifted her gaze. Mimi's expression had changed. It looked disconnected, sinister as she grinned, head slightly tilted to the side, revealing a empty socket.
"Oh how wonderful it is.. to have dolls.." Mimi spoke, yet didn't. Her lips didn't move as the voice echoed. Scarlet grabbed her knife, hunched over. Focus. Push down all the feelings to the pit of your stomach and focus.
"Don't you love dolls, Scarlet..?"
Scarlet gulped.
"Don't you love to play pretend.. to pretend to have a wife.. and kids.. living in a cozy home. Dinner on the table.. A happy... happy family"
What the fuck is this? the mimi she knew was a quiet, kind girl caring for her senile mother. Someone who worked their ass off to provide and give care to the few orphans that lived down her street.
"This isn't you.. Mimi this isn't you" Scarlet pled.
"SCARLET"